Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How do you decide what sets to complete?

I'd be interested in hearing this one from whoever wants to respond.

Personally, I started this year because I liked the way the Heritage cards looked. I bought a retail box and decided that that was enough for me to go for the set. The story is the same for Turkey Red.

My 06 Fleer set was an accident. I had some credit at the local card shop and he was really low on packs & boxes but I was in the mood to open some stuff, so I took the Fleer just for fun and had the entire base set, all but four rookies and about half of the inserts out of the one box.

Although I haven't been doing this for long, I guess I can say that the design has to catch my eye and I prefer the set to be large so that it takes some time to complete. I'd really like to do the different Donruss brands but I don't have the money to be tracking down expensive autos - I'd rather that they kept stuff like that to parallel/inserts.

I've had a lot of fun doing this so far and there's no reason to stop, so after I finish the three I'm working on I'll probably go to 06 Playoff Prestige or I'll try my luck on 05 Turkey Red and/or Heritage. By then I should be ready for 07...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Arkanethug's Items on eBay

I decide off of a few things. Like print run. Which players they are and how they look. also how many cards are in the set.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Last set I completed was the 2005 Topps DPP parallel chrome set. The next one is the 2006 Press Pass Blue set. I just need one more to finish that set. I think it is B8 (Omar Jacobs). Can't remember though.

But like you said it has to catch my eye.

Country
    See floyd8517's Items on eBay

To me it is all about what looks the best. Also price has a factor because im not rich or anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

for me it has to be not overly difficult,in a decent price range,eye catching and it has to have a good rookie class.this years topps chrome fit all those criteria 270 card set some nice inserts to pull while trying to complete the set,pretty affordable and it has all the good rookies,plus i think down the road it has to at least maintain or escalate in value,most topps chrome sets will do that.take care steve