Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%

Thread: Looking for an Opinion

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays
    See Rogulon's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Question Looking for an Opinion

Here is my dilemma.....

I have been collecting hockey cards for almost 30 years, anything hockey....

I have about 80,000 hockey cards.....

I have been thinking about cutting back and just collecting my favorite team The Toronto Maple Leafs and dumping the rest of my cards....

Let me know what you think.....

Jason
    LEAFS PC = 11,042 Total Cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See parry14's Items on eBay

I'm no where near your # but for sure I'm just going to collect my fav team and some select other players that I like.

Otherwise the collection just seems too random.

BANNED

Country

Well , i'm only collecting sets , martin brodeur + vincent lecavalier cards and others nice card i like , like crosby rookie cards.....so 80,000 cards should take a lot of space in your house ! but if these cards have a good value , then i suggest you to keep them !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jamesec73's Items on eBay

I think you should dump everything but Maple Leaf cards. In fact I think you should give me all of your Colorado GU/Auto cards and all of your sakic regular cards for FREE.

James

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scottswats's Items on eBay

I would keep all your cards cause its often a fight to get Leafs stuff, the more you have as tradebait, the better chance you have of having something that the other guy wants.

I've gone the route of only collecting Leafs GU and autos and over the past 6 months, my Leafs Collection has gone from 0 to almost $1000. When you can score a Leafs patch or high end auto it really feels like a victory.

I think it all depends what you want to do with your Collection too, for me, sharing my Leafs Collection and Rookie PC with my kids is something I look forward to someday when they're older.

SCF Rewards

collecting

if you enjoy your cards don't get rid of. If you've decided you really only want your team, great. Start a young family member collecting they would love some of your cards???

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Collecting Cards

I've been collecting Hockey off and on for over 40 years. At 1st I was excited about the introduction of Insert Cards, Parallels, Coloured Parallels, Serial Numbers, Jersey, Patch, Stick, Gloves, Skates and Pads, now I'm supremely dismayed.

High end cards have ruined the industry. I now realize that although I have about 40% of all Gordie Howe Cards and about 35% of all Steve Yzerman cards, that from about 1996 I'd knew I'd never be able to collect them all, so why bother.

Hockey cards are all about being a kid. Sadly kids cannot afford even a single pack nowadays let alone start a collection.

I'm in the same boat as you now, Within the month I will begin to completely dismantle my entire collection. It will take some time, but I do plan on selling every card I own, and it will take me a couple of years at the rate I'm going.

The industry has gone to the dogs.... and that really is a shame.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alternateego's Items on eBay

I think this is a question you should ask your mother....I'm sure she would like the extra space that monster collection takes up...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nightofthelivingchris's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by centrehice
    High end cards have ruined the industry.
    Hockey cards are all about being a kid. Sadly kids cannot afford even a single pack nowadays let alone start a collection

AMEN!

rogulon - if your interested in selling off your red wings lmk!