Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Princematrix21's Items on eBay

All-Star starters announced; LeBron leading votegetter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allsta...ory?id=2743007

I've always found it silly how they choose All-Stars. Shaq's been out the whole year, and yet he's starting for the East. Also interesting how neither Iverson nor Carmelo are starting, although Iverson would be starting if he were still in the East. My last gripe is Garnett starting over Nowitzki; but I guess name recognition is more important than winning nowadays.

Should be interesting to see who gets named as reserves.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I voted repeatedly for Howard over Shaq, but it's all about the names..Dwight's still new and Shaq's been huge for well over a decade now. I also voted for Dirk more often than I did KG, but there's still this dumb perception that Dirk is no more than a shooter..mass ignorance leads to bad voting.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mullinsjl777's Items on eBay

I found it very odd that Nash and Nowitzki (the top two players mentioned regarding MVP) were neither one voted as a starter. It just shows how the All-star game is merely a popularity contest. At least Nash and Dirk got beat out by players that have played and contributed (TMac somewhat). I, too, voted for Howard over Shaq because I feel that Howard deserved it more this year. Shaq has played very little and with his history of inuries and nagging after effects of them, it is a good possibility that he may not play the All-Star game. Oh well...sorry about the rant. I understand that Shaq has been one of the most dominant players ever in the NBA, but I feel that the starting positions should be earned on merit, not name.

SCF Rewards
    Country

NBA allstar games have been a joke for a long long time anyway though..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

I just can't believe that there are no Phoenix Suns starting in the All-Star game. I can understand somewhat that Marion and Amare Stoudemire should be reserves, but I still don't understand why Nash isn't starting. He deserves to.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See villanuevafan's Items on eBay

It's all about the number of votes people, not talent. And KG deserves starting more than Dirk. Dirk is boring while KG gives excitement to the game. And who got that ASG MVP a few years ago?? [KG]

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wont even watch it. Its just ridiculous. Either the Roster Needs to be expanded, or a different voting system Implemented. Every year, many, many well deserving are left out, and guys who have big names, but havent dont anything all year, get in.

See ejb0015's Items on eBay

I hate voting from fans. Fans don't know jack. It'd be nice if they'd just get rid of the fans voting and have coaches and their assistants, and maybe even GMs, vote in players. And maybe implement a rule that says you can't vote for your own players.

That'd probably be a lot better.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Gtbballer200's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixsunsfan1
    I just can't believe that there are no Phoenix Suns starting in the All-Star game. I can understand somewhat that Marion and Amare Stoudemire should be reserves, but I still don't understand why Nash isn't starting. He deserves to.

i agree...with the best record in the NBA they must be doing something right...nash or amare should be in the All-Star Game...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Gtbballer20
    i agree...with the best record in the NBA they must be doing something right...nash or amare should be in the All-Star Game...

Yep... Well, they are... it's just that they are not starting, which is what I disagree with. They deserve to be All-Star starters not reserves IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast