Card Show Horror Stories

Anyone here have any horror stories from a card show they went to?

The only thing that came even slightly close was this guy was trying to charge me $25 for a Topps Chrome Black Refractor when the guy next to him was selling them for $3.

Either he didn't know that I had the Refractors, and not regular Topps Black, or he was just trying to weasel people out of money

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I bring a becket with me 9 out of 10 times but I remember when I was looking at a Gale Sayers Game used. 2006 Leaf Limited Legends Materials 3 Gale Sayers $20.00. I had bought 1 off of ebay for $5 and this guy is trying to charge me $100. What topped it off he goes but for you a bears fan I can do $80.

Thank god for ebay in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by arkaneinc
    I bring a becket with me 9 out of 10 times but I remember when I was looking at a Gale Sayers Game used. 2006 Leaf Limited Legends Materials 3 Gale Sayers $20.00. I had bought 1 off of ebay for $5 and this guy is trying to charge me $100. What topped it off he goes but for you a bears fan I can do $80.

Thank god for ebay in this case.
    Ha, what a nice guy.

4. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Gone to one show and picked up some nice cards. But there was one guy (who I didn't buy from) that was selling many gu and autos 75%-90% BV. He didn't have anything great either. The guy wouldn't stop rambling about how ebay was bad for the hobby and so forth. Not really a horror story but still a ripoff.