Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hagansp's Items on eBay

Coaches to Blame? Players injuries

NEW YORK -- Former New England Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson said coach Bill Belichick subjected him to hard hits in practice while he was recovering from a concussion -- against the advice of the team's top trainer.

Johnson, who helped the Patriots win three Super Bowl titles before retiring two years ago, told The New York Times that a collision with another player during that 2002 practice led to another concussion. And, after sustaining additional concussions over the next three seasons, he now forgets people's names, misses appointments and suffers from depression and an addiction to amphetamines.

"There's something wrong with me," Johnson, 34, told the Times in a story posted on its Web site Thursday night. "There's something wrong with my brain. And I know when it started."

Click here to read entire story

SCF Rewards

I definately think that there is some truth behind Johnson's aqusations. I think that Belichick demands a lot out of his players, maybe even comming back too soon from a concussion. If it's true, that is dispicable. The coaches aren't putting their lives on the line to play football, they sit on the sideline safe and protected, unless they're Bobby Paterno. To ask someone to come back from a concussion too early has many repracussions, as Johnson has showed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

that there is reason to despise a person and not just for being smart and able to mastermind wins....to goad someone back into full contact drills knowing how concussions are hard to diagnose and can have permanent affects?? The only words i can think of to describe that "man" I can't use on here due to being a family oriented site.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hagansp's Items on eBay

hearing the stuff ive heard about Belichek it wouldnt surprise me either