Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variety boxes?

Question Variety boxes?

Hi

What exactly are these? Do stores actually package up extra packs or do they come from the card companies? What are the odds of pulling anything good out of one of these?

Thanks! :)

2. Kronozio
    well, I don't know who puts the cards in those packs they sell at Walmart (the ones that have about 35-50 cards from various years and sell for $1.99)

but they're pieces of sh*t

The front and back of the packs are good cards; all cards in b/t are from 1988-1991 Topps / Fleer / Score, and are basically worthless.

What's even worse, the corners are bent.

YUCK!!

The variety pack boxes at K-Mart are great IMO.

They sell for $9.99 and i have pulled Autos, GU & Low numbered cards out of the packs! (There not searched at all)

Try one and you might get hooked like i am...lol
    I cant pull anything from my local hobby shop :(

Believe it or not, those $19.99 boxes at Toys R Us arent that bad either, but you do get what you pay for. I have gotten the occasional auto, or GU from a pack or two out of those boxes, but not much else. At least you can see all of the packs inside the box, but beware: most all of them are retail packs.

Target $10 boxes and $20 boxes are not that bad.

Those packs are purchased from a 3rd party company(I forgot the name) for pennies on the dollar and put into these variety boxes. The one they sell at target for 9.99 and 14.99 are not bad. I have gotten at least one game used in each box for the last few that i have bought. Now they are putting something extra in each box as a bonus. Basketball, they had a team collector pin, the football and hockey had an auto and the baseball had some stupid demo game. LOL Anyway the ones with the auto are a decent deal even if yuo only get a common. I got an autographics Keenan McCardell. Nothing special but for 9.99 it's not a bad deal.

I am never buying a target $10 box again. I bought a baseball one, and all the cards were bent, plus one of the packs inside the sealed box was opened. To make things even worse, 2 of the 8 packs were 1990 Donruss! I contacted Target customer service about the damaged stuff, and they refuse to give a return or refund. They say I have to contact the manufacturer of the box. Terrible service if you ask me!

Originally posted by john1170
    Those packs are purchased from a 3rd party company(I forgot the name) for pennies on the dollar and put into these variety boxes. The one they sell at target for 9.99 and 14.99 are not bad. I have gotten at least one game used in each box for the last few that i have bought. Now they are putting something extra in each box as a bonus. Basketball, they had a team collector pin, the football and hockey had an auto and the baseball had some stupid demo game. LOL Anyway the ones with the auto are a decent deal even if yuo only get a common. I got an autographics Keenan McCardell. Nothing special but for 9.99 it's not a bad deal.
    I always wondered where they bought those cards from.

I love the ones at KMart and TRU that are $9.99 and $19.99.

The baseball ones at TRU have packs of 2001 Leaf Certified in them and I've pulled some bat cards and such from them.

I LOVE BUYING THEM. You get to open up 12 packs for only $9.99. If you get nothing then who cares. You only paid $10. Even if you don't pull an autograph card or game used or some low number card you still have over 100+ cards that contain tons of superstars.

Its perfect if you want to buy some cards for cheap if there is no card shop around.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Personally I love the $9.99 and $19.99 boxes from K-Mart.I've pulled at least 3 or 4 GU and 1 Auto from them!Even if you don't get any game used or autos,you can't get 12 or 24 packs for $10 and $20.It's worth it either way.

They are pretty good, the first 19.99 box (when they first came out in July) I got I got a Bobby Higginson GU (Yay sarcastically, I hate the guy) 2nd one was a 9.99 FB box, got nothing, 3rd was a 19.99 box and got a select auto and nothing, 4th was a 9.99 box and I got a Helton Bat card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast