Thread: way to make money

way to make money

I just started an Ebay business and now looking to do something with cards or other sports stuff. Does anyone have any ideas on how to come out with a profit doing this with cards? Buy boxes then open and sell individually? Buy in bulk on Ebay and then sell individually? Get them graded and resell? Any ideas would be great.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

your best bet is to buy low on ebay and on here and sell for a profit... wont be a big one but busting boxes is a no way... grading and reselling is very risky and after taking into account grading fees it would be tough to make much money unless you have a greta eye.... another way, although risky is to propect on players and sets that may raise in value and stockpile them until they get hot but again... very risky

also keep an eye out in local want ads sections - i have bought quite a few collections that way

Buy some Exquisite, then resell it 6-12 months later. Boring and monotonous, but best way to make $$.

Also in NFL, look to see if any backup running back has a chance to start the next week. If they do, they're on a decent team, and they face a bad opponent, pick up an auto or two. Resell them the day after they have a huge game.

I buy most of my stuff on trader sites or at local shows and resell on ebay. over the years I have networked very well on both ends. I have lots of repeat sellers. I have also accumulated a lot of buyers that I sold to on ebay and have then taken future transactions off of ebay with those buyers. It's funny how a simple $10 auction win or a questions about a few parallel cards has turned into years of repeat business and hundreds or even thousands of dollars. The key is to have a nice amount of inventory so you can always have what they need when they need it.

Also, find a nitch, buy in bulk, never open wax in hopes of making money, and never speculate as your main source of income. I've been doing this for over 10 years and haven't opened a pack since I stopped collecting completely. I have done some speculation with exquisite, but I just started that about 6 months ago just to have something else to do.

my nitch is player lots of base cards and I have a huge list of players that I am always buying. That is key as well. When someone brings you something to buy and you are always buying, they will think of you everytime they have something. There's nothing better for a seller than to have someone that will always buy. That doesn't mean pay whatever they ask, but most of my sellers know what I can pay so they keep that in mind as they pick stuff up.