using the jersey number in an auto

I got a dayne today where he signed with his jersey number on it. Supposidly these are rare occurances and they only sign with there name its self. Does anybody else know about this happening. Or with it being the other set from this jersey.. any info greatly appreciated

I hate the pic system on here to

Jay

I guess it depends on the player,whenever I've gotten Couch's auto he always signs the "2" with his signature.

Lots of players sign there name and #er. It's not that rare.

even though i saw the harder set where they do sign then number when they personalize it with the serial number

Jay

it can vary. a lot of companies will tell the player to just sign their name on a card. or the exact opposite happens, like w/ 2003 sp authentic baseball they actually tell the player to write a nickname or something under their real sig for the numbered versions so you can tell. Like i think ichiro signs his name in english and then for a one that's numbered he signs his name in japanese under the english sig. i think it's something that makes it feel more personalized

Yeah i know thats why i thought it could be the harder one.. I mean i looked at all his other autos and not one was that.. We wait and see though

Jay