Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chargers - Stupidest Team in the NFL?

I just saw that they fired Marty Shottenheimer and I think that is absolutely ridiculous. The guy gets them a 14-2 record, and gets fired? That is ridiculous. I would have been happy if the Vikings won 8 games, what do they expect him to do, go 16-0, and then Sweep the Playoffs?

Just gotta vent, I think that is ridiculous. I would be happy to drop Childress for Shottenheimer. Obviously some people just cant be pleased!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070213/...enheimer_fired

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    He did a nice job with them, but he hasn't gotten along with people in the front office for quite sometime now. Still disappointing though.

WOW!!! shocking,
    Marty is a good coach, unfortunately his track record in the playoff's is what kills him. I don't think any organization plays just to obtain a 14-2record, what it all boils down to really is if you can't get us all the way we don't need you. Same thing happened to Dungy here in Tampa, playoff's every year for something like 3-4 and no big dance .... time to go!

so based on that ... here's my prediction,

Someone else steps in a takes a perfectly Superbowl primed team to the big dance and wins! just like when Gruden stepped in in Tampa!

that is if they can get past the Bronco's!!!!

Now the question posed is, who will pick up Shottenheimer? Which teams still dont have head coaches?

I just heard about this right now on Sportscenter. Man I wish the Cowboys waited one more week to get a head coach! Chargers organization is stupid to let this guy go.

vikingfan101-all teams except the Chargers have a head coach.

Wonder who will be fired.... Shottenheimer will go to another team!

Coulda sworn one more team didnt have one?

At the least he will get a Coordinator position, and thats at the LEAST. But who will get fired then? Im rooting for Childress to get knocked off his high horse!

San Dog is a classless organization and this proves it. They wait until all the teams hire their Head Coach and then fire him. Not that I like Marty or Marty Ball. I think he would fit in with the Eagles. Fire Andy Reid, the stupidest FB call in a long time. Less than 3 minutes left and you punt while you are down.

I think that the team will lose alot of respect for the organization, as well as the fans. I thought Tomlinson and Marty had a good relationship there. He also took Rivers. Idk, I dont think SD is gonna be as good next year. Theres not exactly a fountain of coaches flowing to them.

I did hear ex Viking Defensive Coordinator Ted Cottrell was interviewing for a coordinator position there today, and that was hours before the firing of Marty. Maybe hes actually getting the HC Job?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast