3 Packs UD Black - OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!

So I get my black packs today. I didn't even make it out of the mailroom. I ripped open the first envelope while I explained what they were to an onlooker and I pulled a...

Luke Ridnour Dual Swatch Auto 13/25

I think, ok, I have two more packs I can brush this one off. I took comfort in that these are some absolutly beautiful cards.

I take the second envelope out and pray...I open and I get....

Brad Daugherty Auto 39/49

I think, what the hell, I went up in number and Brad-freakin-Daugherty! Maybe I should just put the last pack online and get some money back. But I am nothing if I'm not a pack buster.

I open the third pack hoping for something that people won't laugh at me for striking out. I opened the last pack slowly and the first thing I thought was I've seen this before and I recognized the player...

Larry Bird Auto 9/15 !

This is one of the cards they're using to promote the product. Vindication is mine and it feels great. Note: The Bird auto is signed in gold pen while the other autos are in silver, I thought that was a really nice touch and great attention to detail by Upper Deck.

If anyone can help me put a price on the Bird I would appriciate it. Basketball is my weakest area in terms of pricing assessments.

2. Kronozio
    How long did it take for your packs to ship? I redeemed my redemptions on Feb. 10, I'll probably be waiting a month or two for them.

I redeemed mine in Nov, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get them pretty soon. When they start to ship then you just get them as they go out. I think a month or less would be reasonable.

The big wait for everyone who did it in november was that the set wasn't done yet.

nice!!! i love the bird. u were very lucky just to get 3 autos. most of the ones i have seen opened were the 4 gu/99

Quote Originally Posted by piranhaenter
    I redeemed mine in Nov, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get them pretty soon. When they start to ship then you just get them as they go out. I think a month or less would be reasonable.

The big wait for everyone who did it in november was that the set wasn't done yet.
    Thanks, I've been out of collecting for a few months and just learned about the UD Black product only a couple of weeks ago. Luckily there was a card show this past weekend, and after finding out redemptions were one per box in Hardcourt I didn't hesitate to pick up a couple boxes, even though I kinda knew the break wouldn't be good. Hopefully I'll get my packs soon and there are still some good cards left.