Mutombo Headed back to Toronto?

http://tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=56290

"The Raptors are poised to make a pitch for Mutombo, after the New Jersey Nets reached a tentative agreement on Saturday to buy out the contract of the eight-time all-star centre. The deal is believed to be worth approximately $30 million US, and expected to be finalized Monday."

why?
    Even with Mourning there is plenty of room for Mutumbo
    why not play Zo at PF? it would make it easier on him
    go with Dikembe, Zo, Martin, Kidd, and Jefferson

damn, Mutombo got a $30M buyout from the Nets before being waived!!

some of these salaries are freaking ridiculous!!

and speaking of ridiculous ----- Jay Williams wrecked his body in a motorcycle accident, and the Bulls have said they'll pay his entire rookie contract for thenext 3-4 years!!

hahahaha....he injures himself off the court, and the Bulls will pay for it?

From what ive heard, he is really close to signing with the Knicks.

lolol....they get rid of Ewing, and replace him with Mutombo.

hmmmmm, need a young, mobile center...not someone old and slow

Compared to having Kurt Thomas at center this is an improvement for my Knicks in my mind. Thomas is 6-9 and on a nightly basis was playing guys 3-4 inches taller than him. At the very least Mutombo gives us some size in the middle. Marcej Lampe (6-11) and Slavko Vranes (7-5) will probably compete for the starting job in a few years but Vranes is very raw and probably still needs a good 3 years before he'd be NBA-ready.

The Knicks did sign Mutumbo, good addition in my mind. Young fast centers arent centers, that what you call a power forward, mutumbo is a real center, not one of these european excuses for a center.

the problem with Mutombo is that he's really really slow (almost to the point of being immobile).

Mutombo was a great defensive player when he was younger...but now, he's just an easy obstacle to bypass.

podstock- Great point podstock. I don't think Mutombo will help them at all.

Originally posted by podstock
    the problem with Mutombo is that he's really really slow (almost to the point of being immobile).

Mutombo was a great defensive player when he was younger...but now, he's just an easy obstacle to bypass.
    Shaq is slow too, you think hes "just an easy obstacle to bypass"?