Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation My thoughts on the Tim Hardaway situation....

Its a free country. Free for John Amechi to announce he is gay. and ALSO free for Tim Hardaway to announce he is homophobic, theres nothing wrong with that, I know MANY homophobic people. But it was NOT right to say "I hate all gay people." This is why there so much bad talk on Hardaway, I understand that. But would people still be looking at this the same if he hadn't said that imfamous statement "I hate all gay people?"

Just because someones gay or homophobic dosen't mean their bad people.

Just my thoughts.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

i agree with you.... whatever hardaway says, it is his right to say it. not that i agree or disagree with him for that matter but if that is how he feels it is how he feels.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I will leave this one open as long as the discussion remains productive as the first couple of posts have been - thanks guys

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Cincinnati Bengals Miami Heat
    See bradwells1977's Items on eBay

I agree with everyone about Hardaway, he has the right to think/believe what he wants to say.....it is not as much as Hardaway's comments as it is John Amechi trying to make a free buck out of coming out of the closet..

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I don't know if we can assume Amaechi's intention is for the quick buck..this is the same guy who turned down a multimillion dollar offer to play with the Lakers. I think he really wants to bring attention to what has been a stifled issue for too long.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See is a joke's Items on eBay

I'm going to try not to offend anyone here and there may be some bias involved but I gotta take Amaechi's side, and after hearing those comments, I think Tim Hardaway is a very insecure human being and he lost a lot of respect in my opinion.

I met Amaechi in the mid 90s after senior night at Penn State, I was probably 12 or 13 years old and went to the post game function with my uncle and many of the players were hanging around after the game and I got their autographs, Calvin Booth, Pete Lisicky, Dan Earl, and Amachei, I got the guy's autograph, said a few words and shook his hand, and ever since then I've had a lot of respect for the guy regardless of his attitude towards playing in the NBA or his sexual preference because he was a nice guy to me. All in all, I think a lot of people are too uptight and just gotta chill out, as long as they aren't hitting on you, what's wrong with having a gay teammate?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

The thing that always makes me chuckle is the fact that straight men (or women) hate the idea of someone of the same sex hitting on them (and rightfully so since they are straight) BUT...has any straight man/woman ever considered the fact that they are doing as big a diservice by hitting on someone that may be gay? I have a girlfriend that is NOT the stereotypical lesbian (she is very femmy, makeup, long hair, the whole girlie thing) and although it is no secret she is a lesbian, men still, although they know she is lesbian, think it's ok to continue to hit on her. That is disrespect in full force. I'm sure if these guys had a man continually hit on them, even after it was made crystal clear they were not interested, it would probably end up in some sort of altercation. All the straight person needs to do is politely decline and move on.

I also understand why the straight community has such a phobia about gays. The media likes to show the weirdos in the gay community as much as possible....hell, those they show from the gay pride parades and all that even scare me :\

Trust me when I say gay folks are no different than straight folks. MOST (although not all) gay folks will NOT go hitting on someone they KNOW is not attainable. It just doesn't happen.

That said, his comments don't shock me at all nor do I care one whit how he feels. His feelings towards homosexuals most likely stem from ignorance and fear. I bet he probably thinks he doesn't know anyone who is gay....he will probably be shocked one of these days and if it is someone he admires/loves/related to, he will learn that homosexuals are not any different than anyone else. There are so many people who "think" they don't know anyone who is gay...most likely the hate they spew keeps many a loved one in the closet.

Life is too short for hate. I feel bad for Mr. Hardaway. It must really suck to hate so many people you know nothing about.

Peace~
    Rima

Country

tim hardaway has the right to say what he feels... but to say that he hates a person for their sexual orientation is wrong. Most people "hate" gay people because they're actually afraid of it and don't understand it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Straight guys that don't like gay guys are morons...don't they realize that it leaves more women for the rest of us?? My best friend is gay and he is the perfect wingman at a bar...homophobic people need to get a clue.

Just adding some humor...this thread will get locked if I said my true feelings about Mr. "I just ruined my career and reputation" Hardaway.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by asujbl
    Straight guys that don't like gay guys are morons...don't they realize that it leaves more women for the rest of us?? My best friend is gay and he is the perfect wingman at a bar...homophobic people need to get a clue.

Just adding some humor...this thread will get locked if I said my true feelings about Mr. "I just ruined my career and reputation" Hardaway.

LOL! :)

Too funny, but when you think about it...it's true!

Peace~
    Rima

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast