Portland Trailblazers: Public Enemy #1

This is my opinion, feel free to disagree with me in your reply.

I feel like my blazers are hated by everyone in the NBA.

Lets talk about Zach Randolph, shall we?

Zach deserved to be an all star in my opinion. He is averaging a career best 24.1 ppg and 10.3 rpg. both of those rank 10th in the NBA. Z-bo is 1 of only 4 players averaging 20+ points and 10+ rebounds per game. The other 3?

Carlos Boozer, Western All-Star
    Kevin Garnett, Western All-Star
    Tim Duncan, Western All-Star
    Zach Randolph, Not Invited.

Uh oh, now there are injuries, the west needs 2 replacements. Hmm

Ray allen. Good Choice, he deserves to go as much as anyone. 27ppg, no one can argue with that.

Mehmet Okur? No. bad choice. nothing against him personally, but he averages 18.2 ppg and 7.4 rpg. hardly all star calibre.

and you pass up Elton Brand and Zach Randolph for Mehmet Okur?!?

and Tony Parker selected by coaches over Deron Williams, who was formerly a Blazer Draft Pick, before being traded to Utah.

Now, one could argue against picking Randolph based on Portland's 22-32 record, but the Blazers have won more games this year by the All-Star Break than all of last year.

And if team record was that important, why did they pick Ray Allen, who's sonics are 20-32?

aside from that, take the fact that No Blazer games are nationally televised this season on ESPN or TNT.

The Blazers fell from the best odds at the 1st overall pick, down to 4th (possibly a coincidence.)

Stephen A. Smith said during the draft that the Blazers werent worth his time to analyze, despite the fact that they came out of the draft with arguably the most solid player right now, as well as two other potential stars.

Ime Udoka, Portlands Starting small forward, is not featured in any of the NBA video games this year.

Roy is a punching bag for other players, no ref will give him a call at the end of the game. Take for example, the game against Philly where the blazers were down by 1, Roy had the ball, went in for a layup, and Andre Miller fouled him. No call was made, and it was Philly Ball. It was an obvious foul, Andre Miller even said to Roy that he fouled him, then told the ref, and the refs refused to make a call. I respect Andre Miller for doing that.

or the time back in 2005, where Ruben patterson went in for a dunk, and was fouled so hard that he had a 4 inch laceration on his forehead, and still no foul was called!

The only people who seem to respect the Blazers, are the fans here, and some other players, apart from Ricky Davis of the Timberwolves, who felt it necessary to call the Blazers Cockroaches to their faces at half time, and was not given a technical. The only satisfaction is that we won that game.

The only time it seems the blazers get any recognition as a team, is when they do something bad.

2. Kronozio
    I agree that Zach Randolph should have been a first ballot All-Star. Problem is the people vote for the All-Stars. With multiple injuries spots opened up and he got robbed again. He definitely should be in over Okur.

Tony Parker vs Deron Williams: Parker averages more PPG and has a much better FG%. He has shot more free throws and has a better FT%. Deron does average about 4 more assists per game and has nailed more 3PT. They are similar in rebounds, steals, and TO. But Parker plays on average 4 less minutes then Deron per game. Both are justifiable but I don't think the coaches made a mistake taking Parker over Deron.

I agree with you. Zach Randolph should have been in. He should have been in instead of Mehmet Okur. Personally, I have nothing against the Blazers. In fact, I actually have considered collecting current Blazers players, but I decided to focus on player collections rather than team collections. The Blazers IMO have the most potential than any other team in the league. Martell Webster and Jarret Jack will improve. Brandon Roy has already made an impact, and is a good choice for R.O.Y. Zach Randolph is underrated. The Blazers will become better it will just take some time.

Eh, there is a pretty decent reason for everything imo.

First off, it's close to impossible for a *new* player to break into the starting lineup of the allstar game.. ESPECIALLY in the west, and especially in that insanely loaded front court..

As much as you may like Randolph this year, he just isn't going to get voted in ahead of names of Nowitzki, Duncan, and Garnett..

Now, that said, the injured/nonparticipating players for the west were:

1. Allen Iverson
    2. Carlos Boozer
    3. Yao Ming

So to fill in for Yao are center, they moved Amare Stoudamire up to starter status

To replace Iverson, they brought in Carmelo.. Again, no complaints right? He's the NBA's leading scorer, and all that

To replace Nash, they brought in perennial media darling Ray Allen

To fill in for Boozer, they brought in Okur.. The reason for this being that Utah is easily the biggest surprise team of the year, and having them be unrepresentated at the All-star game because of an untimely injury is just a bit brutal.

The reason for Parker getting in over Deron is just that coaches will always favor age over youth when it comes to these things--they will reward players who have been in the league and proven their worth. Remember, Lebron & Carmelo with their monster rookie year stats didn't make the allstar game reserves list either.

As for why Okur got in rather than Deron to represent the Jazz, this is probably because Deron was already participating in the Rookie/Soph game.

i agree with tradebark - there are perfectly good reasons and the blazers arent hated...

Randolph is a good player but as stated before... the fans vote the starters and honestly... outside okur he is not better than a single forward or the AS team and it isnt like okur doesnt have game... he just has more around him to score the ball. Outside randolph who is scoring for the blazers? Roy sure but they dont have a go-to guy like boozer has been this year and williams... He isnt going to make it over Nowitzki, garnett, etc etc etc....

as far as Ime Udoka, He was inthe D-League last year when the games were made. It isnt EA Sports fault he wasnt in the league.. He played at portland state which isnt exactly a basketball powerhouse and he is way under the radar... He is averaging 8 points a game... it isnt like he is a 20/10 guy night in and night out.

As far as the blazers only getting negative coverage... they bring that on themselves. How many legal problems did that team have a couple years ago.

They seem to be the way the pacers were before they unloaded their problems... look at the past few years who they have drafted and signed... Rasheed (known for technical fouls), Jermaine O'Neal (Weapons Charges and Melee at the palace), Damon Stoudamire (drugs charges), Ruben Patterson (enough said) the list goes on and on... get some guys up there that are media friendly and good guys and the persona will turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazerfan4life
    This is my opinion, feel free to disagree with me in your reply.

I feel like my blazers are hated by everyone in the NBA.

Lets talk about Zach Randolph, shall we?

Zach deserved to be an all star in my opinion. He is averaging a career best 24.1 ppg and 10.3 rpg. both of those rank 10th in the NBA. Z-bo is 1 of only 4 players averaging 20+ points and 10+ rebounds per game. The other 3?

Carlos Boozer, Western All-Star
    Kevin Garnett, Western All-Star
    Tim Duncan, Western All-Star
    Zach Randolph, Not Invited.
    Boozer is also having a career best season, KG continues to play lights out, Tim Duncan is having another solid season, and all three of these guys will get votes just on resepect. Also, as a point of reference, KG has better APG, RPG, FG%, and only slightly less points. The stats are all very similar between all 4 of those players, and some will get invited and some won't.

Uh oh, now there are injuries, the west needs 2 replacements. Hmm

Ray allen. Good Choice, he deserves to go as much as anyone. 27ppg, no one can argue with that.

Mehmet Okur? No. bad choice. nothing against him personally, but he averages 18.2 ppg and 7.4 rpg. hardly all star calibre.

and you pass up Elton Brand and Zach Randolph for Mehmet Okur?!?
    Sick, huh?

and Tony Parker selected by coaches over Deron Williams, who was formerly a Blazer Draft Pick, before being traded to Utah.
    Dangerous ground... Foye made the rookie/soph game, so did Roy, a Blazer and a Blazer draftee. Tony Parker has a hot wife, if he's at the game, his wife is at the game, he'd get my nod too.

Now, one could argue against picking Randolph based on Portland's 22-32 record, but the Blazers have won more games this year by the All-Star Break than all of last year.

And if team record was that important, why did they pick Ray Allen, who's sonics are 20-32?
    You just said no one could argue against Allen's stats...

aside from that, take the fact that No Blazer games are nationally televised this season on ESPN or TNT.

The Blazers fell from the best odds at the 1st overall pick, down to 4th (possibly a coincidence.)
    4th? Didn't they have #7? And nobody wants to watch the jailblazers on a national level. Who tunes in for that?

Stephen A. Smith said during the draft that the Blazers werent worth his time to analyze, despite the fact that they came out of the draft with arguably the most solid player right now, as well as two other potential stars.

Ime Udoka, Portlands Starting small forward, is not featured in any of the NBA video games this year.
    Neither is, arguably in the top 4 or 5 of most effective rookies right now, Timberwolves rookie Craig Smith. Also, 2k7 can't even pronounce McCants. A lottery pick from last year.

Roy is a punching bag for other players, no ref will give him a call at the end of the game. Take for example, the game against Philly where the blazers were down by 1, Roy had the ball, went in for a layup, and Andre Miller fouled him. No call was made, and it was Philly Ball. It was an obvious foul, Andre Miller even said to Roy that he fouled him, then told the ref, and the refs refused to make a call. I respect Andre Miller for doing that.
    Bold move by Andre, a whole city could jump on his back, but the rest of the country would love it. At least I would think so. This happens VERY often. At the end of the game there just aren't fouls. We've seen countless times with KG, Foye, Davis, whoever is taking the last shot for Minny, too...

or the time back in 2005, where Ruben patterson went in for a dunk, and was fouled so hard that he had a 4 inch laceration on his forehead, and still no foul was called!

The only people who seem to respect the Blazers, are the fans here, and some other players, apart from Ricky Davis of the Timberwolves, who felt it necessary to call the Blazers Cockroaches to their faces at half time, and was not given a technical. The only satisfaction is that we won that game.

The only time it seems the blazers get any recognition as a team, is when they do something bad.
    We could find times like that for any team if we went back as far as 2005 looking for a bad call... Good luck on getting a better player in next years draft...

Quote Originally Posted by tradebark
    Eh, there is a pretty decent reason for everything imo.

First off, it's close to impossible for a *new* player to break into the starting lineup of the allstar game.. ESPECIALLY in the west, and especially in that insanely loaded front court..

As much as you may like Randolph this year, he just isn't going to get voted in ahead of names of Nowitzki, Duncan, and Garnett..

Now, that said, the injured/nonparticipating players for the west were:

1. Allen Iverson
    2. Carlos Boozer
    3. Yao Ming

So to fill in for Yao are center, they moved Amare Stoudamire up to starter status

To replace Iverson, they brought in Carmelo.. Again, no complaints right? He's the NBA's leading scorer, and all that

To replace Nash, they brought in perennial media darling Ray Allen

To fill in for Boozer, they brought in Okur.. The reason for this being that Utah is easily the biggest surprise team of the year, and having them be unrepresentated at the All-star game because of an untimely injury is just a bit brutal.

The reason for Parker getting in over Deron is just that coaches will always favor age over youth when it comes to these things--they will reward players who have been in the league and proven their worth. Remember, Lebron & Carmelo with their monster rookie year stats didn't make the allstar game reserves list either.

As for why Okur got in rather than Deron to represent the Jazz, this is probably because Deron was already participating in the Rookie/Soph game.
    Im not disagreeing with you. Garnett, Duncan, Nowitzki, and all the west starters that did start deserved to start. I'll even say it, Z-bo did not deserve to be a starter for the west. I am just saying the as the only player in the league averaging 24 and 10, he deserved to be a part of the all-star team.

and I think we all know the reason Tony Parker went over Deron Williams is because the NBA wanted Eva Longoria there.

Quote Originally Posted by tutall

as far as Ime Udoka, He was inthe D-League last year when the games were made. It isnt EA Sports fault he wasnt in the league.. He played at portland state which isnt exactly a basketball powerhouse and he is way under the radar... He is averaging 8 points a game... it isnt like he is a 20/10 guy night in and night out.
    ok, if 8 ppg isnt sufficient to be featured in the video game, then these notable players should not be featured in it either:

Michael Finley-7.8 ppg
    Marcus Williams-7.7 ppg
    Damon Stoudamire-7.7 ppg
    Chris Duhon-7.6 ppg
    Erick Dampier-7.5 ppg
    LaMarcus Aldridge-7.1 ppg
    Sebastian Telfair-7.4 ppg
    Damon Jones-7.2 ppg
    Brendan Haywood-7.1 ppg
    Sarunas Jasikevicius-7 ppg
    James Posey-7 ppg
    Anderson Varejao-7 ppg
    Paul Milsap-6.9 ppg
    Vladimir Radmanovic-6.9 ppg
    Marquis Daniels-6.9 ppg
    Brian Cook-6.9 ppg
    Aleksander Pavlovic-6.8 ppg
    Antonio Daniels-6.7 ppg

Also Averaging less than 8 ppg:

Martell Webster, Dorell Wright, Eduardo Najera, Antonio McDyess, Devean George, Bruce Bowen, Johan Petro, Salim Stoudamire, Nazr Mohammed, Ike Diogu, Ben Wallace, JJ Redick, Rodney Carney, Craig Smith, Ronald Murray, Joey Graham, Tony Battie, Etan Thomas, Gordan Giricek, Jarvis Hayes, Lawrence Roberts, James Jones, PJ Brown, Rasho Nesterovic, Speedy Claxton, Reggie Evans, Steve Blake, Quinton Ross, Steven Hunter, Primoz Brezec, Kyle Lowry, Kurt Thomas, Troy Hudson, Ersan Ilyasova, Anthony Roberson, Jamaal Magloire, Linas Kleiza, Gary Payton, Kenny Thomas, Marko Jaric, Eddie Jones, Keith Bogans, Alexander Johnson, Jason Maxiell, Rajon Rondo, Jordan Farmar, Shelden Williams, Keith McLeod, Yakhouba Diawara, Marcus Banks, Fransisco Elson, Antoine Wright, Renaldo Major, Kenyon Martin, Daniel Gibson, Allan Ray, Kirk Snyder, Beno Udrih, Darrell Armstrong, Carlos Delfino, Ronny Turiaf, Chuck Hayes, Fabricio Oberto, Jeff Foster, Eric Snow, Rashad McCants, Renaldo Balkman, Robert Horry, Tyrus Thomas.

You kind of Get the Idea of how many players that eliminates?

8 points is 8 points.

scoring isnt the only thing that matters.

Ben Wallace Scores 6.3 ppg, but he's in the game. Why? because he is a great defender. Ime Udoka doesnt score 20 a game, but he does other things that help the team.

So do you really think all of those players shouldn't be on the game?

^

as the previous poster said, seeing as he came out of the d-league it's more likely that the game company couldn't get ahold of him in time for production in the game

it's unlikely that they would go out of their way to ignore anyone since their deal with the NBA allows them full access to most, if not all active players.. and they do market their products as sims

Quote Originally Posted by tradebark
    ^

as the previous poster said, seeing as he came out of the d-league it's more likely that the game company couldn't get ahold of him in time for production in the game

it's unlikely that they would go out of their way to ignore anyone since their deal with the NBA allows them full access to most, if not all active players.. and they do market their products as sims

exactly... it isnt that he is averaging 8 ppg it is that he wasnt in the league last year and that is when development for he game started...