why do i hate Isiah Thomas you might ask

or you might not, but i'll tell you anyway. let me start by saying that Isiah Thomas has always been my favorite NBA player and always will be. in my opinion, he is easily the best point guard of the last 25 years and one of the best ever. that's about all the positive things i can say about him. as i'm sure you know, everything he has touched since he quit playing has turned to @#$% and he's a world class a-hole (or so i've heard). ANYWAY, my point is, i won a redemption card on ebay for an Isiah Thomas Upper Deck autograph #/50 and sent it in LAST MARCH. well, today i get a package from them saying he won't sign the card blah, blah, blah. what a great guy! at least Upper Deck didn't screw me as they gave me lamar odom, ray allen and elgin baylor autos in return. oh well, had to vent as i've been waiting for that dang card for a year now. oh well, back to ebay

2. SCC - Feb 2018
    Upper Deck really ought to re-think their redemption policy before enough collectors get annoyed enough to start a class-action lawsuit against them for false advertising over these bait & switch tactics. Why would you offer something in a promotion that isn't already in hand or contractually guaranteed?

There's a reason the first rule on the trader board here is that you must HAVE an item to trade with it.

yeah, you would think that they would have learned from what happened to Fleer...

Ah, well, that explains it. Not only did UD acquire Fleer's assets, they also acquired all of their bad business practices (to add to their own).

Back to the Isaiah Thomas thing...considering UD's reputation of the past 5 years, how much faith do you have in them that they actually made an effort to get Thomas to sign, rather than just dumping the redemption into a pile and just sending out whatever 10 months later to get it out of their to-do box? It would be nice to have someone ask the players about this kind of thing to see where the problem is.

i have actually wondered the same thing for years. i would say, for the most part, that the players are sent the sheets of stickers and then they are supposed to sign them and send them back but the stickers sit there for months and the players don't answer their phones and there's nothing the companies can really due. obviously they can't or won't sue and the player doesn't care if he gets paid or not

And if you've ever signed a mortgage, you know how insanely monotonous it is to sign your name (or in the case of the lazy, obscenely rich, just their initials) over and over and over and over. I guess the players really have no incentive to sign. From their perspective, they're not exactly doing it for the fans, just some big, greedy company.