Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Unhappy Dennis Johnson Dead at 52

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2775430

I am in absolute shock. That is far too young to die.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ballamayn's Items on eBay

Its sad anytime a player like that dies but like you said it was way too early

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

Wow. That is shocking. He was a great defender, unselfish, won 3 championships, and an NBA Finals MVP. I think he won 5 defensive awards if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by the_future; 02-22-2007 at 06:04 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

From what I read the world will miss him for being a outstanding human being and father and teacher of the game of basketball. Not meaning to step on anybody toes but why is it when someone famous dies the world is saddened. Why do all of the other deaths around the world go with out a word said. I just find it funny how a basketball player or a playboy pin up girls death is more important than the lifes of middle class men and womens deaths. It is the working class people who make this country run but it is all about money. Sorry for the rant but the whole Anna Nichole Smith things is really starting to p%$# me off.

Country

I saw that earlier on ESPN pretty good baller too.I was on ebay and saw the vultures are already making out on his death...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapi
    Not meaning to step on anybody toes but why is it when someone famous dies the world is saddened. Why do all of the other deaths around the world go with out a word said.

Most of us aren't famous, BigPapi, and our deaths won't be broadcast as much as deaths of famous people. Our deaths affect only our loved ones. Famous people who die early like DJ is sad for basketball fans since we knew him for that, but obviously we won't miss him or be affected in the same way that his family will be.

It is the working class people who make this country run but it is all about money.

I don't see how this relates to the thread.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm very shocked. He was too young to die. I live in Austin and follow the NBADL team he coached (Austin Toros). He will be missed by many.