Poll: What should I do with my collection?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You think I will ever get there or am I wasting my time?

I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my collection, as I am getting older I am looking to get out of collecting basketball in general and focusing on Jordans only.

My thought is this, I have $2,000 worth of base/inserts. I have been able to trade up for #d cards and etc, I am looking to keep doing this until I have nothing but good cards left, then trade up for GU and then maybe trade up for Autos (this is rare though, not many ppl do this). I realize this is a lengthy process and not everyone would trade up like this, but I have already cut down 1,000 cards from my collection and kept the value the same. Do you think I am continue to do this, I would eventually like to sell the few cards left to get a Jordan Star Rookie. That would be my ultimate goal. or do you think I should just sell my whole collection as is now and stop wasting my time with trades like this?

what you think?
    Sorry for the long read...
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Toronto Raptors Cards and Michael Jordan

2. Find Basketball Cards on Kronozio!!
    No one said collecting was easy; those of us who don't have $4901836139834786 to spend on exquisites need to work their way up the ladder. I say keep doing what you're doing and don't get discouraged...

If you are determined enough I would say keep going. Good luck if you do!

go for it,i only do trades if i realy like it,trading with my may be like pulling teeth in some eyes but im just working up there.

Thanks for the encouragment guys... a few people have voted sell now, but no explanations... I guess they just don't like me and want me out of the hobby, LOL ....
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Toronto Raptors Cards and Michael Jordan

ABSOLUTELY keep going!!! I am a Patrick Ewing collector, and I have to get probably 10% of what you will need for a master collection, but his is what makes collecting still worth it for me. My son one day will get these, and Ewing might not be worth 1% what Jordan is, but its not always about $$$$, but the fun in collecting. When I was 10-12 and first started collecting, there was no Beckett, well there was, but not to us kids. We tried to get the players we wanted for our colelction not for money, but for the bragging rights. Collecting always needs to be fun, or else it might as well be the stock market. Sorry for getting long, but I will always keep going until my goal in finished, hopefully you'll do the same.

the only thing with making a lot of small trades is the cost of shipping. this is money you could otherwise use to buy jordans you need/want. trading is always fun though, so i think either way you go, just stick with it and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by movel23
    Thanks for the encouragment guys... a few people have voted sell now, but no explanations... I guess they just don't like me and want me out of the hobby, LOL ....
    That would be reason enough for me Alex ;) j/k!!!

I say keep going, this afterall is a hobby and meant to be fun and not stagnent, so keep going

Quote Originally Posted by tierre_brown
    those of us who don't have $4901836139834786 to spend on exquisites need to work their way up the ladder
    this really made me chuckle..as a low-end collector here who probably won't ever be more than a junior college prof in the liberal arts world of English, I can relate :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast