Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: curious about a card

SCF Rewards

Post curious about a card

In '94 I purchased a pack of Upper Deck basketball. Inside there was card #175 which is Hakeem Olajuwon. David Robinson is also on the card. It was commented at the time in Beckett that the way that the card was cut (normal) it just happened that the top of Robinson's head was cut off. Also in this pack was the section of card that was cut that included the rest of Robinsons head. I have never asked anyone about it but when I discovered this forum I thought that I would pass this along. It is not an error, just an unusual circumstance of a piece of a card that should have been discarded but somehow ended up in the pack.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

This sounds like just a manufacturing error. These kinds of things are not normally worth anything other than the normal book values. If you have a scan of both pieces, that would be interesting to see.

SCF Rewards

Thanks Lakers MC. You were the only one to respond. I think that I can send a scan. Remember it is not an error. The piece that was cut or trimmed somehow was in the pack not in the trash where it should have been. Every card #175 is the same.