Thread: unusual football card

poppajon

unusual football card

I am looking for help with a card. It's a 2000 Topps base card of Duce Staley card # 96.
    The front of the card looks normal but, when I looked closer I noticed all the gold wording is missing.
    I looked everywhere including the Beckett Annual price guide, and there is no reference to a "corrected" or "uncorrected" error. This must be a production glitch that was missed. Is this considered a valuable card?
    Any info about this card or type of card would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    poppajon

Sounds like a printing flaw. It is not unusual to see cards with the foil lettering missing the foil. Not considered an error card but like you said a production error.

Hey, welcome to the site poppajon and hopefully you have a blast here.. If you could send me a quick email with the attachment of the card on it that be great.. I think there were a few different topps sets that used the same card but just different name... regluar, chrome, season opener..

If that does not apply another thing to do would be to write into beckett.. They got the inside source on it.. If they are able to get ahold of you back and say that your card was just a print flaw and it was fixed right away w/o to many getting out.. then the chances are is that its very valuable.. I know there was one from 99 collectors edge or something where the listed brian griese as a jets wr.. there were a lot released and a lot normal so its not worth much

LMK more about the card and ill see what i can do to help

Jay