Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Leaving Football?

Question Pacific Leaving Football?

I heard that Pacific wasn't going to be making Football cards anymore. Does anyone have any proof or can confirm it?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I have not heard of this yet but it would be a sad day if they do. They put out some nice cards. To many cards but still nice. All they need to do is cut back on their products. I will see if I can find anything on this and if I do I will post it here. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

well, if they leave, not many will miss them, that's for sure.

I've got lots of Pacific cards which I've been unable to sell/trade away.

Let's get rid of these fluff companies and keep it to a few minimum -- Topps, Upper Deck, and one other.

It's all about supply and demand

I agree with mookigremlin, There not real popular but Pacific cards are nice. I do think they put out way too many sets & thats why they should cut back.

Originally posted by podstock
    well, if they leave, not many will miss them, that's for sure.

I've got lots of Pacific cards which I've been unable to sell/trade away.

Let's get rid of these fluff companies and keep it to a few minimum -- Topps, Upper Deck, and one other.

It's all about supply and demand
    I don't know about that.

I really didn't like their baseball but for football they always came up with the diamond in the rough card of some player like Warner, Fiedler, Holcomb, Holmes, and others who were overlooked.

I don't think its a good idea to get rid of companies. Its a good idea for companies to cut down on these "new" sets that they make.

True, variety is the spice of life.

I would go for all these card companies limiting the number of cards they make.

I don't mean that they should only make 5,000 Marshall Faulk 2003 cards. But, good grief, don't make millions of Marshall Faulk!

lolol

So nobody has heard about this.

I guess its false then. When he told me that I was kinda shocked because I hadn't heard it anywhere and I tried to find some info but I couldn't.

I don't think it's a big loss even if it is true. I just think it's another rumor, but I wouldn't be extremely sad if they left the card business altogether. I like UD, Topps, Fleer, etc. more.

Tim

The problem that cardboard faces today IMO is the fact that it is just way to overproduced, I don't nescessarilly (don't know if that's spelled right lol) know if that means less companies just less cards being produced!!!

Yeah, there are way too many cards on the market. If they would limit it a little, cards would be worth more and there would be more resale value.

Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast