Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grade the Grading companies!

Grade the Grading companies!

Here are my top 3

1) PSA - One of the originals I like their cases and I think their grading is mostly legit.

2) BGS- Not a Beckett fan, but they are tough graders so if you are buying a card off Ebay , you know it is going to be nice. ** What is with them selling so many graded cards themselves?? Conflict of Interest? ( What the hell is up with their BccG service?) Too many 10s and 9s!

3) SGC - I don't think they all overly popular, but they are old skool, and have decent grades.

Most of the other companies seem to be either really lax or just plain fake, I mean how many 10s can there be?? SOme are "homemade" beware!

Any other decent grading compaines out there?

As far as resale, it's BGS, PSA, and then SGC.

As far as what I personally like, it's PSA, CTA (the point scale one, you know exactly what and where they found flaws), and then BGS.

cool

ETOPPSCARDGUY
    I like PSA SGC and BGS

considerittraded
    Without a doubt in my mind, it's BGS.
    The first time I sent cards in to be graded was to PSA. I swear to this day that a few of the cards I got back has dings in the corners that werent there when I sent them in. I use a 10x lens, same as them, to see which cards I think worthy of grading. After all, it can get pretty expensive.
    Anyway, ever since then I have sent my cards to BGS. They are tough, but they are very fair. They give grades on corners, surface wear, centering, & edges. This way you know why your card got the great it did. PSA just gives you one overall grade.

BGS all the way!

I agree that BGS is tough and has the most credibility. I wonder if they've ever rated a card as 10.0?

Originally posted by plunge
    I agree that BGS is tough and has the most credibility. I wonder if they've ever rated a card as 10.0?
    I believe I have a Pristine Shawn Green that I bought for like $60. It's not worth a ton, but nice to say I own one.

Owning a BGS 10 Pristine card is credible to say the least. I'm still looking and will have one or more soon. BGS is the only grading company I use for my cards. I have bought and resold PSA MGS and SGC. Not bad but not to the standard, shape and quality of product as BGS.

ETOPPSCARDGUY
    Originally posted by considerittraded
    Without a doubt in my mind, it's BGS.
    The first time I sent cards in to be graded was to PSA. I swear to this day that a few of the cards I got back has dings in the corners that werent there when I sent them in. I use a 10x lens, same as them, to see which cards I think worthy of grading. After all, it can get pretty expensive.
    Anyway, ever since then I have sent my cards to BGS. They are tough, but they are very fair. They give grades on corners, surface wear, centering, & edges. This way you know why your card got the great it did. PSA just gives you one overall grade.

BGS all the way!
    Do you collect any vintage??? I have considered to send a couple that I have to BGS but would really hate to screw with my collection of PSA 8 1959's.... I would be real curious as to what BGS would grade some of these... I would just hate for them to come back any lower......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast