Post Dave DeBusschere dies of heart attack

http://espn.go.com/classic/obit/s/20...4/1553649.html

Never knew he pitched 2 seasons for the White Sox.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Terrible tragedy, He was a great defensive player, and a great man. Saw him a few months ago at Madison Square Garden for the Patrick Ewing jersey-retiring. Too bad he died, he was a great one and a Hall of Famer.

Tim

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    Terrible tragedy, He was a great defensive player, and a great man. Saw him a few months ago at Madison Square Garden for the Patrick Ewing jersey-retiring. Too bad he died, he was a great one and a Hall of Famer.

Tim
    Agreed. Not only was he a very good player but he was also a nice person. You don't here too much about players who were actually good citizens you just hear about the ones that got arrested or killed somebody or were caught selling drugs.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

well, such is the way of life.

He lived a good life. Played to his heart's content. Enjoyed fame and success. Took good care of his family

Can't ask for more.

I just found out that Dave DeBusschere was having lunch at the restaurant below the building I work in just before having the heart attack that killed him. He died right in front of my office building... and I didn't even know it! Small world... but very strange.

John Candy used to live in the John Hancock building in Chicago (one of his homes, I bet).

Well, there's an Eli Cheesecake factory that my friends and I would often go to, which is located right near Candy's place.

Candy died of heart attack in the home in John Hancock building

Wow, that's nuts.

Somewhat different,
    I was in New York City for a few meetings with other hedge fund managers in the Citigroup Building. A few of a firm's employees went to the WTC on 9/11/01 and died there, it's terrible.

Tim

There's a nice write-up by Bill Bradley in this week's Sports Illustrated. I haven't checked whether it's avail on-line.

strange strange world we all live in... I work 2 blocks from the WTC... it'll always be strange working down there.