Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

Unhappy Alonzo Mourning's Career Over

Zo needs a kidney transplant and therefore his great career is sadly over. Sad to see this happen to one of the nicer guys in sports. Hope his kidney transplant goes well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1669704

SCF Rewards

I hope that all goes well for Zo

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

He was the Nets only real hope of winning a championship if he could last through the whole season. Who really expected him to though? He should have never came back in the first place... some people just don't know how to let go.

See phantomkid21's Items on eBay

that sucks...good luck to him

SCF Rewards

I wonder if the Nets are paying his entire 4-year deal that was just signed this season?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have to say this is one of the more tragic moments in the NBA's history and a terrible way to end career of on of the NBA's better players. I hope that all goes well for Zo in dealing with his kidney disease.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

That is a terrible way to end a career. I hope everything goes well for him in the future!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Originally posted by podstock
    I wonder if the Nets are paying his entire 4-year deal that was just signed this season?

He'll get his NBA pension which is quite nice... but I'm sure Jersey wasn't foolish enough to give him a guaranteed contract.

SCF Rewards

well, if the chicago bulls are stupid enough to pay Jay Williams his entire 3-year contract, after he wrecked his ankle, knee, and hip in a self-inflicted motorcycle accident into a tree

and basically has ended his career....

then there's no reason to pay Mourning that huge salary

after all, kidney dialysis is EXTREMELY expensive, and so is a kidney transplant, not to mention all the medications

and yes, Mourning already has a ton of money

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jokeboy's Items on eBay

A farewell salute is in order
    i know its hard for a lot of people to feel sorry for guys like him due to the $, but he was a great person as well

his heart and love of the game will be missedq