Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anybody take the figures out of the packaging?

I don't.

But I knew this SLU collect that always took the stuff out of the packaging and displayed it.

He had a very nice collection too with some really rare pieces.

Does anybody else take them out of the packaging for display reasons?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

stimpy_09
    I don't take them out of teh packaging because it decreases value. If u are in the hobby for your personal pleasure and do not care about the value, I think it makes a great display.

Originally posted by stimpy_09
    I don't take them out of teh packaging because it decreases value. If u are in the hobby for your personal pleasure and do not care about the value, I think it makes a great display.
    One shop that I visted had all of them taken out of the package and displayed them on this cool looking plaques that had the players name and a holder for the SLU card. Pretty cool but I like the look of them in the packaging.

I keep them in the packaging. I agree, the look in the packaging is a lot better than if you take them out of it. Too bad they stopped making them, they were coo.

Tim

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    I keep them in the packaging. I agree, the look in the packaging is a lot better than if you take them out of it. Too bad they stopped making them, they were coo.

Tim
    Well they still make McFarlane figures which look a lot more realistic than SLU.

But I do miss SLU because not that many people still collect them as before.

Arastis
    I leave them in. I too like the look of them in the package

want to hear a sad story?!?

I had 3 - 1991 Michael Jordan SLUs (two of them with him jumping). The Jumping Jordan goes for like $50+

My little cousin somehow got a hold of one of them, and tore open the package.

You should've seen my face when I came home from college and noticed my mom trying to tape the package back together

But, time heals all wounds, and it's been several years since that incident.

That's $30+ down the drain, as I am sure I could've sold it for somewhere near that price.

I am much more calm

lol

I am starting to collect McFarlenes, and I take them out of the packaging, I like to display them. I wouldnt take out any rare ones, just the regular ones that aren't worth that much. I dont plan on selling them anyways.

Originally posted by podstock
    want to hear a sad story?!?

I had 3 - 1991 Michael Jordan SLUs (two of them with him jumping). The Jumping Jordan goes for like $50+

My little cousin somehow got a hold of one of them, and tore open the package.

You should've seen my face when I came home from college and noticed my mom trying to tape the package back together

But, time heals all wounds, and it's been several years since that incident.

That's $30+ down the drain, as I am sure I could've sold it for somewhere near that price.

I am much more calm

lol
    Man sorry to hear about that.

Those still sell even if there out of the package. They just need to be mint and still have the card with them.

I have never taken them out of the package...because of the value issue and the fact that they could get beat up if they are out of the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast