Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anybody Know Anything about this Company?

Its a Randy Moss graded card that I got graded back in 1998 (I think). Or maybe it was 1999 anyway. Does anyone know if this company is still around?

I don't know that much about graded cards so any help will be benificial.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Pwaldo SGC from what I have heard is fairly well respected, they don't bring the prices that BGS and PSA do, but the way I understand it they are the 3rd best....Hope this helps...

Yes... SGC is one of the Big 3 that Beckett talks about. They bring pretty much about the same as PSA... in some cases a tad bit less.

SGC is one of the 3 grading companies that I personally put any stock in. They've been around a while and are fairly strict graders. About the same as PSA and not quite as strict as BGS.

BGray
    SCF Founder
    BIG Props to everyone at SCF as you chase 14 Million posts!

Thanks guys I wasn't sure if it was SGC or not. It said SG at the top so I was unsure if it was SGC or not. There's just so many different graders out there that its tough to tell.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Welp with that question done, I have a question about another grading company. They are Professional Grading Authority (PGA). I have 2 cards graded by them that I had recieved in a small collection I had bought in the past. Both of them have a report card seperate from the card and tells you why your card got the grade it got. Here is a picture of one of the graded cards I have that was done up by PGA.

http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/mookigr.../trade0041.jpg

The other card I have is a 1998 Topps Chrome Brian Griese PGA Gem Mint 10.

Any info on this company would be great and if you desire a scan of the back or a scan of the report card just let me know. Thanks in advance for the info. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

Richie, if I remember correctly I saw a bunch of these on ebay not to long ago and they weren't bringing a very good premium...And as far as value is concerned even though it very well could be a mint card, due to the number of fraudelent grading services if it's not one of those top 3 that we mentioned above it probably won't bring much in the way of resale value...Just my two cents worth.....

So Q. Would you believe that it would be worth someones time to get a card regraded by lets say BGS? Like with my Manning RC that is graded. Would I be wasting my time and money for if I wanted to have it graded again? Cause as far as Beckett goes the Manning Encore RC books for I believe $300 and the Griese Topps Chrome RC is at $80. Of course that is for Gem Mint. I don't have the latest Beckett so I am not sure if those values are still true. hehe. Any thoughts on this matter would be great. Thanks in advance for any info. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

Yes,Yes, and Yes...If you really feel that it has a chance at grading really well I say go for it...With some nice cards like that they would really pull a premium if they were graded from one of the big 3 grading companies, otherwise in my opinion if you leave them the way they are no you could lose a good percentage of cash just due to the fact that it is a no name grading company...And chances are whoever bought them from you if you did sell them would probably buy them cheap, crack the case and send them in themselves(at least that would be my thinking lol)...Good luck if you do it and let us know what they grade....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast