Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You got that right, I think its good for the hobby since more trades happen online. Brings back some of the past times of going to the shop to make some trades when I was a kid. If we do trade in person(another member of this site) can you still consider that a trade on this site? I will probably be hitting the shows bigtime next year. Not sure if you have ever done this but, it would be cool to have a big get together at a big show or somthing once a year or so.

Thanks
    kp

KP,
    Glad to have you aboard and to answer some of your questions.

1) If we do trade in person(another member of this site) can you still consider that a trade on this site?

I will have to address this as there a factors to be considered:

It can be abused as with anything make 10 trades with one person and post them as 10 trades.

Well there is no shipping etc. and that one of the biggest things about trades (how a member packages up his cards)

2) Not sure if you have ever done this but, it would be cool to have a big get together at a big show or somthing once a year or so.

We will are planning on setting up at doing the NATIONALS in CHICAGO this year and that is 99.9 percent set in stone. I know that a drive or flight for you but it one show that it worth it as far as cards go. More than you can view in just one day especially if you love vintage stuff. Boxes galore with great prices, free prizes given away of some cards that can only be obtained while attending the show, and much much more.

Sportscardforum will have their own set up and that one reason I post about shows as Steve and I will be doing shows as he on the West Coast so perhaps some members can meet him. I am more than willing to possibly do a little driving to set up in a few states around KY for a show with members here.

The big thing is getting members who set up or attend shows to get the word out about SCF as a great tradesite. Also, to post shows they attend so when a member that attends that show or possibly could attend that show they have a buddy to meet at the show, do some in person trades, go tabel to table while looking at the eyecandy, etc.

p.s. Thanks for the input as I appreciate anyone that takes the time and hopefully sooner or later I will meet ya at a show.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will have to address this as there a factors to be considered:

It can be abused as with anything make 10 trades with one person and post them as 10 trades.

Well there is no shipping etc. and that one of the biggest things about trades (how a member packages up his cards)

Ok cool, Yea I'm not to worried about not getting a trade tally'ed. Numbers don't mean anything to me when it comes to completeing a trade. Just as long as both me and the other guy are happy I am set.

We will are planning on setting up at doing the NATIONALS in CHICAGO this year and that is 99.9 percent set in stone. I know that a drive or flight for you but it one show that it worth it as far as cards go. More than you can view in just one day especially if you love vintage stuff. Boxes galore with great prices, free prizes given away of some cards that can only be obtained while attending the show, and much much more.

Driving would be a long day but I have done it before. Been through Chicago in a rig a couple times. Sounds like I would be in heaven and at the vintage boths all day.

Sportscardforum will have their own set up and that one reason I post about shows as Steve and I will be doing shows as he on the West Coast so perhaps some members can meet him. I am more than willing to possibly do a little driving to set up in a few states around KY for a show with members here.

That would be awsome!

The big thing is getting members who set up or attend shows to get the word out about SCF as a great tradesite. Also, to post shows they attend so when a member that attends that show or possibly could attend that show they have a buddy to meet at the show, do some in person trades, go tabel to table while looking at the eyecandy, etc.

Not sure if SCF does it but, I am a advid online gamer and been in playing with some guys for 3 years. We had a hat made with our logo on it and were gonna possible get shirts to wear when we go to gaming conventions. That could be a cool way to get the word out.

p.s. Thanks for the input as I appreciate anyone that takes the time and hopefully sooner or later I will meet ya at a show.

I still have a weeks paid at my disposal

thanks
    kp

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

KP,
    Thanks and as always any questions you have about the site or show just ask.

What online games do you play. As you probably can find some more here as well as I know a few have posted stuff in their signature to add their user id to contact them if you ever see them online to play.

p.s. We have thought about the t-shirts and stuff but not really hats but that something that definitely needs to be looked into for the future.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not much of a gammer anymore since I don't have the time like I used to. Now, I just get on a Program called Teamspeak and chat with people while they game and what not. That would be cool if SCF had some kinda online communication like that. I did play BF1942, Americas Army, and Battlefield 2.

thanks
    kp

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lou2iggy43's Items on eBay

well i go to shows in ny. not to sell, to browse and buy. i know in ny most shows have tables when you walk in with flyers on upcoming events and other stuff. maybe scf can make business cards or fliers and ship them to people who are going to the show to put on the table. you can put stuff about the get togetheres and get people to join the site.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

well i go to shows in ny. not to sell, to browse and buy. i know in ny most shows have tables when you walk in with flyers on upcoming events and other stuff. maybe scf can make business cards or fliers and ship them to people who are going to the show to put on the table. you can put stuff about the get togetheres and get people to join the site.

Dave,
    I sent you a few examples as we have created some Fliers, Business Cards, and even a nice pack wrapper (when we give out free cards at a show). Steve and George have created what I sent you. If your willing to pass out stuff like that let me know as we can always use some more traders here to build the site.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lou2iggy43's Items on eBay

yeah i replied to the PM. id be realy interested in passing out stuff to help the site.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

yeah i replied to the PM. id be realy interested in passing out stuff to help the site.

Thanks, for the reply in pm and here. I am working on having a template created by George (Bondsaway) and with some of the things Steve (hoeser) to create a nice Recruitment Page. Then the links that I shared with you will be available anytime you would like to pass out something. Fliers at shows, Business Cards in other trades or ebay sales, Pack Wrappers to be used at shows or possibly some Presents (as you make your own packs), etc.

p.s. Thanks for the reply and as always any suggestion or interest in helping out is greatly appreciated.

DON

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

I think this is a great idea. I have made several friends since being on this webiste, not in person yet, but people I actually talk to on the phone. I am a disabled veteran at my young age of 28, and feel that networking with people that truly enjoy the hobby as much as I do is always a great experience. I will keep my ears posted for if I hear anything, I currently live in California, so if anyone is out here in Cali and would like to attend a show together, or rent a booth together. lmk, Thanks, Daniel.
    Last edited by 11chaos; 11-27-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Helped you out with a misspelled word.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi Daniel,
    What part of California are you from? I am in the northern area. We are planning on doing a show in this area.
    Plmk
    Thanks,
    Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast