Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

great site, welcome to the site as well!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cdubsportscards's Items on eBay

Thanks. To be honest I'd have alot of changes made to it right now if I could. The whole "flow" of the site could be simplied. However, I really don't want to fork out a ton of money to have it totally redesigned. Therefore, I'll live with it for now. In the future I will probably have it professionally done. The guy who initially designed it was a customer of mine and I traded him about $300 worth of wax boxes for it. That seemed reasonable to me but since I'm not too knowledgeable in web design I have no idea what a site like mine would normally cost.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

As far as changing it, are you talking about changing the image or changing the link from something like specials.htm to supplies.htm?

If it's a change of image you need, I can do it for you if you have a default blank picture or at the very least I can edit the one that is already there I just need to know font specifics.

As far as the box I'm not really interested. I sold some of my etopps to buy a box shipped from some website another member gave me for $109 but it's just a 5 pack box... damn pricey for 5 packs if you ask me!

SCF Rewards
    Country

A site like yours done professionally will run you probably about $1000+. Normally a personal website runs about $500+ but since yours is a business that's a completely different ballpark. About the only good thing about forking out a huge amount for a professionally done website is any changes you need done over the years they'll do for free.

You should have contacted me, I would have done that work for $300 worth of wax :) It was a nice deal but the only problem is, he could back out anytime he wanted to like he did.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exactly!!! He got tired of working on the site and I was basically stuck trying to finish everything else myself. I actually have a couple small things I'd like to have added/changed. If I e-mailed you a list would you be willing to take a look at it? If we can agree upon a price I'll gladly pay in you in wax.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you think the $300 in wax was a good deal by taking a quick look at my site? Or did I get screwed? In other words how much would you have been willing to do the same thing for if I payed in wax.

SCF Rewards
    Country

IMO, that is a good question as I just had a lady start to set up our new website for my flower shop in exchange for some extra wedding flowers

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never designed sites for others because although I have a good knowledge, I don't want them asking me to do something I don't know. It would make me look like a fool then and make them feel like they wasted their money. I definitely think $300 in wax was a nice deal though for what he did.

Sure, drop me an e-mail telling me what all you need changed. I hate when programmers do maps the ™™™™ty way like he did so it's hard for others to edit it but I finally found the actual image and I should be able to edit the specials to say supplies. I'd have to write a whole new map though if you want to add in new categories and that would be a pain.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Iggy I think you are getting you degree in the wrong field>>>but you know why programmers do that you already said it, so they can be the only ones with it, or make it hard for someone to come in and just change it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know programming, but sadly it sucks! My play was to double major in computer science & business but I dropped out of CS because I just couldn't take it anymore. Who really wants to sit infront of a computer all day and type code?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast