Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards

The Official Raiders/49ers thread

I am devoting this thread to both teams b/c of Jerry Rice.

Had Rice been on the Bengals, I'd have put the Official Bengals Thread

Once football season begins, I'll be chatting up the greatest WR to ever play in the NFL, bar none.

Consider the following ALL-TIME records:

#1 in number of receptions
    #1 in yardage receiving
    #1 in overall TDs,
    #1 in receiving TD

Ngw for post-season play
    #1 in receptions
    #1 in yards receiving
    #1 in receiving TDs

Now for Super Bowl - career
    #1 in receptions
    #1 in yardage
    #1 in receiving TDs
    #1, tied, for overall TDs (along with Emmitt)

Now for Super Bowl - 1 game
    #1 in receptions
    #1 in yardage
    #1 in receiving TDs

1987 NFL MVP (very rare for a receiver to get this)
    1989 Super Bowl MVP
    3-time Super Bowl Champion (1988 vs Broncos; 1989 vs Bengals; 1994 vs Chargers)

any questions as to his greatness? These are stats even no one else in football can compare at his respective position (QB, RB, etc)

One player can surpass Rice --- and that is Randy "I play when I wanna play" Moss

But, in order to do so, Moss has to maintain the excellence he has attained for 10+ more years!!

It won't happen

SCF Rewards
    Country

One player can surpass Rice --- and that is Randy "I play when I wanna play" Moss

But, in order to do so, Moss has to maintain the excellence he has attained for 10+ more years!!

I think that "T.O." has a chance as well as you will never see moss go over the middle, and take the big hit...

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

What about Harrison? I know he doesn't get the press the other guys do, but he puts up numbers!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
    What about Harrison? I know he doesn't get the press the other guys do, but he puts up numbers!

I forgot about my other team the colts, the "spurs" of the nfl, and now marvin got someone on the other side of him too...dangerous... and a solid back if he can stay healty

SCF Rewards

the problem with Marvin Harrison was clearly shown in the playoffs when the Colts got blistered in last year's playoffs (forgot who they play).

Harrison depends on his speed, which is helped by artificial surface.

In last year's playoffs, played on the road, Harrison's speed was negated.

In time, we'll see how far Harrison gets.

Remember Sterling Sharpe? Herman Moore?

Both were considered to be right up there with Rice..... not any more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by podstock
    the problem with Marvin Harrison was clearly shown in the playoffs when the Colts got blistered in last year's playoffs (forgot who they play).

Harrison depends on his speed, which is helped by artificial surface.

In last year's playoffs, played on the road, Harrison's speed was negated.

In time, we'll see how far Harrison gets.

Remember Sterling Sharpe? Herman Moore?

Both were considered to be right up there with Rice..... not any more.

I don't that has anything to do with it, when you advance in the playoffs, you play against better defensive teams and when you don't have anyone on the other side of you, it makes it easier for teams to key in on you...

what would rice be like if he was the only WR on a team, he has always had a stud on the other side, and yes I do like Rice and think he is a great WR...

SCF Rewards

Gi -- I disagree

Rice has had good receivers, but not great ones. The 49ers system allowed Rice to catch 5-yard passes and run like hell, which he did very well.

In Rice's rookie season of 1986, he had Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon, both on the downswing of their careers.

Then came John Taylor, a very capable, dependable WR. That was from about 1987-1992 or so.

Then came a smorgsberg of useless receivers like J.J. Stokes, who was so full of himself, he never dedicated himself to the game.

Terrell Owens came along about 1996 or so....well after Rice had already assured himself a spot in the Hall of Fame.

And yes, I agree that in the play-offs, teams tighten up their defense...yet, Rice continually came up with the big plays.

Look at last year's Super Bowl....Rice still managed to score a TD, about 6-7 catches, for about 80 or so yards. Not bad for a 40-y/o.

What did the other WR, Tim Brown, do? he had 1-2 catches. And this guy is also headed to the Hall.

Rice performs, and still does.

Harrison has a long long way to go.

Same for Terrell Owens, who is just spectacular.

See gonoleswinit's Items on eBay

moss cant do it if you ever watch espn what espn's sportscentury on rice his work ethic is outrageus. i like moss a lot but like you said plays when he wants to and now that hes double and triple covered and the vikings have no one else to make up for it its going to stay that way

SCF Rewards

I would give my left arm and leg to spend a day working out with Jerry Rice.

That's not to say I will finish the training routine for the day; but at least I can say to the doctors and nurses in the Emergency Roon (where I'll be half-way through training with Jerry) that I was done in by the greatest to ever play in the NFL

lolol

TrufantFan45
    I am a HUGE fan of the raiders There for im behind Tim Brown befor ANYBODY else now i admit Jerry Rice is the Greatest EVER...But i was wondering where you people rank Tim Brown on the all-time WR list..It is a fact he is headed to the HOF but i would like to know where you people rank him....I rank him at 2nd next only to Jerry Rice....

www.freewebs.com/joshsautographs

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast