Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

2003 Topps Gallery HOF edition variation question

Does anyone know what the ratios are on the variations for the gallery HOF edition. I bought one of those target boxes with 6 packs and out of the 28 base cards I received 16 variation cards and 12 regular. Can that be right? Anyone know?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Re: 2003 Topps Gallery HOF edition variation question

Originally posted by john1170
    Does anyone know what the ratios are on the variations for the gallery HOF edition. I bought one of those target boxes with 6 packs and out of the 28 base cards I received 16 variation cards and 12 regular. Can that be right? Anyone know?

Well the variations are inserted 1 in every pack.

So you either got lucky and got more than you were suppose to or some of them are not variations.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought the same thing. I checked them against the checklist in beckett and they were all variations. Weird thing is that the beckett on line price guide has all the variation prices way higher than the magazine. Even so they all sell for even less than the magazine. Cool cards anyway and I like the idea of guaranteeing a game used in a target box.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by Profitmaker
    u get a GU?

Yeah, a Johnny Bench Bat card

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by john1170
    I thought the same thing. I checked them against the checklist in beckett and they were all variations. Weird thing is that the beckett on line price guide has all the variation prices way higher than the magazine. Even so they all sell for even less than the magazine. Cool cards anyway and I like the idea of guaranteeing a game used in a target box.

Well you may have just gotten lucky then with a production error.

That happened to me before. I bought some baseball packs that were suppose to have 1 RC per pack and I ended up getting about 2 or 3 in every pack. The box must have been messed up because they were short printed RCs and I was pulling them like they were common cards. Sometimes you just get lucky.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know fleer does that sometimes they are called hot boxes or hot packs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by gioperation
    I know fleer does that sometimes they are called hot boxes or hot packs.

I know Fleer did that before but I'm not sure they still do that. That was suppose to be a big selling point for their Ultra product in the middle 90s.

Does anybody know if they still do that?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got a couple of hot packs form this years BKB, I can't remember the set, it had like all jersey in it (like 5 or 6 of them)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by gioperation
    I got a couple of hot packs form this years BKB, I can't remember the set, it had like all jersey in it (like 5 or 6 of them)

Yeah I haven't bought a box of Fleer for a long time if you can't already tell so I didn't know if they stopped that or not.

SCF Rewards
    See a-rodriguez03's Items on eBay

2003 Fleer Tradition short prints are seeded 1:2 packs, I think.