Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marbury to the Knicks

Marbury to the Knicks

Stephon Marbury and Penny Hardaway were just traded to the Knicks in exchange for Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward and Antonio McDyess. Good trade for Isiah as the Knicks finally get a point guard that they so deperately needed. What is Phoenix thinking by doing this deal. McDyess has been so injury prone and the Ward and Eisley are bench guys at best. Must have been a deeper problem in Phoenix then we all saw with Marbury.

Re: Marbury to the Knicks

Originally posted by john1170
    Stephon Marbury and Penny Hardaway were just traded to the Knicks in exchange for Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward and Antonio McDyess. Good trade for Isiah as the Knicks finally get a point guard that they so deperately needed. What is Phoenix thinking by doing this deal. McDyess has been so injury prone and the Ward and Eisley are bench guys at best. Must have been a deeper problem in Phoenix then we all saw with Marbury.
    The Suns have been on a donehill move for years now. That's why I stopped watching them once they shipped out Kidd.

They moved Barkley to get some players and then shipped Nash and Finley to Dallas for Kidd.

Then they shipped Kidd to NJ for Marbury and now they shipped Marbury to the Knicks for McDyess (WHO THEY ALREADY HAD AND LET GO).

So basically they traded Kidd for whatever crap they are getting now.

That's the last straw for me. I'm done with basketball.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

okay mcdiss left the suns the the suns suck at tradeing i live in pheonix and colangelo is great this trade isn't they freakin traded their best playa for a nother power forward um amare wheres he going to play and mcdyess has knee prolems and can't play worht crap

I love this trade for my boy Steph, except for one thing........... how will he get along with Keith Van Horn in NY. That is the only possibilitu other than injury that could hurt the Knicks in this trade. Way to go Isiah!!! Knicks will be 2003-04 Atlantic division Champs!(maybe)

Great trade for the Knicks. They now have some decent stars in their lineup!!!

you guy suck the suns just lost there best playa where is mcydiss going to play center ya right the least thing they needed is a slow injured player to slow the young and healthy players i'm freakin mad

stalking_WOLF_21-
    I too live in Phoenix and I don't think this is a horrible deal. We are already out of it this year, let's agree to that. Now here is where the trade is very interesting for our future...
    1. We get Maciej Lampe, who can turn out to be a real stud.
    2. We get the rights to a European PG (Milos Vujanic) who is leading the leading scorer in Europe.
    3. We get a 1st rounder next year and the year after.
    4. We get all kinds of cap room... Now we can go after another big market player (Kobe).
    So this trade does make since, it probably hurts the team right now but...it does help our future immensly.
    Just my thoughts.
    Erik

Plus, Penny is overpaid
    Last edited by cardinalfan15; 01-05-2004 at 09:15 PM.

heck ya good point but i'm still freakin mad holy crap the suns suck now

They sucked as it was...chill out, I think that they will improve a lot in the years to come.
    Last edited by cardinalfan15; 01-05-2004 at 09:26 PM.

Look towards the future. They do get two first round draft picks. They have done well in the draft before (Amare!!). They could hit it big again. Also Lampe is also a decent player. There is a lot of talent coming over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast