Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Race Thoughts

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

Atlanta Race Thoughts

I thought it was great to see some different people challenging tonight-congrats to Kasey. I was obviously peeved-another dreadful bit of luck for Carl-but they way the season is going-not surprised lol.

The racing imo was great-Atlanta presents a very different challenge-everyone sliding everywheres the whole race-lots of comers and goers-i was entertained watching. opinions?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 14smoke2x's Items on eBay

Great race, nice to see JJ not contending and some of the mid packers up front.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

Great race, nice to see JJ not contending and some of the mid packers up front.

JJ was contending....he was the best car the first half of the race then had car problems....

But I agree, it was a good race. Seems like towards the end, every 20 laps a new guy came out of nowhere to take the lead.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry to say Jeremy but really didn't see much of JJ contending early and he was falling back before he broke his axil. Harvick had the car to beat last nite and like Ambrose in Montreal, fell short due to caution flags, but hey, that's racing.

Got to give BIG hats off to that Red Bull team, Brian Vickers had a great car all nite also, and for his pit crew to take care of him after breaking his axil and keeping him on the lead lap was something. But then that's one reason they took the pit challenge award for the race. He has definetly had the hot car the last 5-6 races. One more to go.

Over all it was a great race to watch. Quite a bit of action in whole.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike....he was up in the top-5 for the first 160 laps, and passed Kyle Busch for the lead right around that time....how is that not contending?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/sprin...=213&year=2009

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Leroyslegenaryauctions's Items on eBay

Well, watching the race was actually a treat for me and the wife for several reasons...

1) We werent even supposed to be home to watch it...we had bought tickets to see a local battle of the bands that one of my wife's co-workers bands was headlining. But I had worked the last 7 days putting in 75+ hours and the wife had a slight headache so we decided to stay home instead.

2) I love racing at Atlanta...this is the 1st year in several I didnt make a trip to see at least one of the Atlanta races because of school (Spring) and work (yesterday). It's a great venue and usually one of the races I look forward to each year.

3) One of my wife's drivers ,Kasey, won and seeing Robby have a decent run was nice after struggling near the beginning. Tony and Dale Jr had good moments but overall was disappointed with the finish.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok Jeremy I'll give you that much, he did have a good run going the first part when Truex had the most dominate car out there. Yes he did lead 2 times, once for 11 laps (72-83) and once for 5 laps (128-132), guess you would have to blame that on his pit crew not being able to keep him in the lead after pitting on a caution. Twice he came in with the lead on a yellow and twice he left without it.

Country

I was at the race it was a great race.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok Jeremy I'll give you that much, he did have a good run going the first part when Truex had the most dominate car out there. Yes he did lead 2 times, once for 11 laps (72-83) and once for 5 laps (128-132), guess you would have to blame that on his pit crew not being able to keep him in the lead after pitting on a caution. Twice he came in with the lead on a yellow and twice he left without it.

Yea, his pit crew was terrible last night....hopefully for Jimmie they get this all out of the way before the chase.

Anyways, back to the race.....it was weird watching Atlanta at night. It kept feeling like I was watching a race at Charlotte. I hope they stick with at least the fall race being at night, I like it a lot more. It was, IMO, the best all-around racing I've seen all season.

SCF Rewards
    Country

woooooo! there ya go kasey! im still pumped he moved fr om 11th to i believe 6th in the cup chase points~! keep it up kahne sick race yesterday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast