Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: BGS...how'd I do?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bstee's Items on eBay

BGS...how'd I do?

So does anyone here send their cards off for grading? I was at a show recently and Beckett was there. They ran a special of $10/card 10/day service - no mailing. I figured I just grab 10 good looking cards and try my luck - roll the dice for a hundred and see if anyhting good comes up.

Out of 10 cards I just found out I got

3 8.5's
    5 9.0's
    2 9.5's

Is that a decent return? I heard getting BGS 9.5's and even 9's were tough, so I was hoping for 1 or 2 and that's what I got.

One of the 8.5's was a Bonds Auto from Visions and they graded the auto a 10. I just wanted to get it "certified" in case I tried to sell it and someone was not familier with that brand. So I guess the 8.5 doesn't really bother me.

My Bibby SP rookie was also an 8.5 and I really thought it was a good one.

My Sosa Leaf rookie was the other 8.5 - I was hoping for better, but figured.

I did get a 9.5 on a Priest Holmes Refractor Pristine from 2002 and unfortunately the other 9.5 was a card I didn't realize was not worth a lot prior to grading a B.J. Garbe Bowman Refractor Rookie - I guess it's the only 9.5 ever graded, but not sure if the guy will ever make the majors.

I did get a 9.0 Vince Carter Chrome
    and a 9.0 Bobby Jackson pristine auto
    and a 9.0 SP Auto Pedro with a 10 on the auto. I think that one may be worth a fair amount.

So anyway I had better than half come in at 9.0 or better and 1 in 5 came in at 9.5 - Is that decent or about average?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

Those are pretty high grades. Congrats. You should be able to get quite a bit if you ever decide to sell!

you did good...my first submission to BGS I got 2 7.5s and 3 8.5s

my first submission to PSA I got 5 9s...PSA is much easier

8 and 9 are high grades...mines are usually 7

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bstee's Items on eBay

Thanks for the replys. Happy to hear I did OK. I heard these guys were tough, and it sounds like I may have just picked some good ones to submit.

Here's an interesting bit about when I submitted them. I was at the Beckett booth and and asked them what was popular to get graded right right now and they said Labron and Carmello, no surprise. But they said they also just received 30,000 Labrons from one person/group! I asked who and they said that is private but it appeared this group is well known and sounded like it might be HSN. Anyway I asked if they meant 300 or even 3,000, but they said no 30K in labron cards. Just think about that, they charged me $10/ea to grade and I'm sure this group gets a much better price. But even at $3-$4 each that's over $100,000 in grading fees, not to mention somehow getting ahold of 30,000 Labron cards. They did not say if they were all the same, or differnt companies, sets ect - but still even the cheapest are not give aways. Looks like there are some really deep pockets still in this (unfortunately as a business - not as fans)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

Ya, but think. If it is a company like HSN, they will turn around and sell them for outrageous prices. They will easily get 10x the money that they put into it!

Country

VERY GOOD