Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions

Collecting the 2008 UD Yankee Stadium Legacy set for charity!

Approved by Enigma:

I am a staff member for an on-line sports card trading site. Our goal is to collect the entire 6600+ base card 2008 Upper Deck Yankee Stadium Legacy set. We will then auction the set and donate the proceeds to the "The V Foundation" (for cancer research). For anyone that does not know about the set, here is some information.

http://sports.upperdeck.com/baseball/yankeestadium/

Information about our benefiting charity:

www.jimmyv.org

How can I help? I am glad you asked! As we are collecting this to donate the proceeds to charity, we ask that any members who are interested in helping to donate any cards they pull to the cause. As a site we hope to eventually be able to trade duplicate cards we receive for cards we need, however we will be unable to buy single cards from members. The cards will be seeded 1 in every 4 packs of Upper Deck cards across all 8 UD brands this year. Even if you personally do not open any UD product this year, you can still help. As we all make trades with each other and across the internet, if you have a deal where your trade partner needs a little more in trade to make the deal even but they have nothing else of your wants, pick up one or two of these cards for us!

I have already been in contact with Upper Deck, Beckett, Tuff Stuff, Major League Baseball, the New York Yankees, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and the V Foundation about cross promoting the project and hopefully gaining us some national exposure! We also have a couple of card shops committed to donating any cards they pull as well!

I am the official media contact for the project. There is also a flier available that you can print off and ask your local card shops to display. If you have cards to donate or want a copy of the flier, please PM and i will give you the mailing address and e-mail you the flier.

Again this is a huge 6600+ card set and we need your help in completing it! If you have any questions or you would like to help beyond donating cards please contact me. Lets show the world what baseball card collectors can do and help make a nice donation to a worthwhile charity.

Tim
    Last edited by Taliasen; 06-03-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: updating

SCF Rewards
    Country

We are on our way! We now have over 25% of the cards released in the first "wave!" This is really exciting seeing as how these cards have only been out for about a month and a half. Thank you to everyone who has contacted and and helped by donating cards!

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just to update we now have over 600 different YSL cards! We still need your help though! Thank you to everyone who has sent in already.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

We now have over 800 cards! The complete checklist was finally released and the set is actually over 6600+ cards. Please continue to send them in, every card helps!

Fighting cancer one card at a time.

Tim
    Last edited by Taliasen; 04-18-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: spelling

SCF Rewards
    Country

We now have 780 different cards of the set. This is equal to 11.7% of the total cards. We have a checklist of cards we need still. We also have many YSL dupes for trade if anyone else is attempting the set and has dupes for trade. Thanks for everyone's help!

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Bumping this up as this is a great cause and I'd like to think the SCF brethren whether just members here or at other sites can assist is making this a reality...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks. We now have 13% of the entire set in hand. We also have over 60 YSL dupes to trade if anyone else is collecting the set and has dupes to trade. Thanks for everyone's help!

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

July update! We now have over 1100 different YSL cards! Our set is over 16% complete. Thanks for everyone's help!

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the donation Enigma! We will give you and SCF mention on our donators page!

Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast