Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

Set Collectors: What are your thoughts on set order?

Maybe I am just weird, but I actually pay attention to how sets are organized.

I like how some of the 90s sets I have go by team, this seems very logical to me and makes players easy to find if you're flipping through your set. And when looking through you can get a view of who was on the team that year.

Sometimes sets are alphabetical, this is alright I guess.

The thing they seem to do now though, I'm not a fan of. It seems like often they try to match up a player's jersey # with their card # as much as possible. And I also noticed they try to keep the same card number in other sets. I don't like this random organization as much.

Does anyone else pay attention to this or am I just weird? :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I hate the random organization thing they do now. I prefer the order by teams in the 90's because you can see who's on what team at once glance at any given year. And they alphabetize the teams too so it makes everyone easy to find. Really don't like what they do right now.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See wwc_est2013's Items on eBay Instagram: My traders on Flickr

yea, i like when they group the teams together.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See chillydoggy's Items on eBay

Me too, I think it makes them easier to organize for sets too. I used to sit on the floor and sort boxes and boxes of the first years Hoops by team and then put them into sets after that, could go much faster when I was just looking for the team and not the number. ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lou2iggy43's Items on eBay

me too....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

I like putting my sets in binders so I can look at them freely and I hate when they make an insert set with 10 cards. It leaves card #10 on its own page.

I've been sticking them in boxes instead because of this + running out of storage space :)

I've noticed the jersey number thing mostly with LeBron, they usually try and make him #23 in the set. Sometimes hes #24 too, and some random guy will be #23.
    [-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

Yeah I hate that too, I always have to have the insert sets spread onto multiple pages, i usually just start the next insert set on the page that has 1 card