Thread: Pitt vs UCONN on Big Monday

Thumbs up Pitt vs UCONN on Big Monday

ESPN, 7PM EST Pitt vs UCONN...

Should be a great game. Pitt comes into UCONN still undefeated (18-0) and UCONN (14-2) comes in off a tough loss to UNC. UCONN come Monday won't be ranked #1 anymore, but should probably end up ranked 3 or 4 in the new polls Monday. Pitt COULD sneak into the Top10 but will probably still be ranked just outside. Should be a great matchup!

New polls out now...

UCONN is #4 in both polls while Pitt slips into the Top10 being #9 in ESPN poll and #8 in the AP poll.

Should be a great matchup... gametime is in 45 minutes!

Well, as you may know if you watched the game, Pitt lost 66-63. A wide open 3 at the buzzer front rimmed to end the game.

I don't know if I've ever been happier over a loss though. It's a tough loss but Pitt proved a ton to me yesterday.

I knew Pitt was good, but I didn't think they were a top level team like they were last year. Going into UCONN who was just #1 the day before and is now #4, completely controlling the tempo of the game making UCONN play Pitt's game, and only losing by 3 shows me that they are every bit as good as last year.

Syracuse up next... if Pitt plays like they did on Monday, they should be able to take the 'Cuse.

You watching the same game I was Iggy? The score was 68-65.

Well this is one of those games that I can't be happy with either outcome. sPitt loses which is good and UConn wins which is bad (I have some problem with UConn basketball, I don't know why). Both teams had their moments and Pitt looked like a team that could take this loss and catch fire. It wouldn't surprise to see SPitt finish with 2-3 losses.

LOL... same crap, different pile. You got to remember I got wrecked after the game so the numbers in my head mixed together and came out a different way. Still a 3 point loss though :(