Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chicago SportsFest---update who's signing...

http://www.beckett.com/estore/community/index.asp

Chicago SportsFest Heats Up

This year's Chicago SportsFest collectors show is shaping up to be quite an event. Here's a rundown of the latest developments:

Beckett Grading Services will be providing Raw Card Review, Graded Card Review, and will accept Grading Submissions.

LeBron James' first personally licensed trading card will be distributed at SportsFest, as Upper Deck is producing the first card under its new agreement with James for the show.

There will be 4,000 cards available, randomly mixed in with the other promo cards that will be handed out at the Upper Deck exhibit. The card will not be NBA-licensed, as it will be produced prior to the NBA Draft on June 26. Its design and set name are still to be determined.

In The Game, Inc. announced its redemption program for the event. Collectors who purchase specific Be A Player and Parkhurst products at the show can open their packs and boxes at the In The Game booth. In exchange for the wrappers and boxes, they will receive unique and highly collectible foil-stamped cards sequentially numbered to 10 with one-of-one variations mixed in. Collectors will also have the option of receiving a one-of-one game-used memorabilia card. And, there will be an extra premium for those who open boxes of 2002-03 Be A Player Signature Series. Details on that premium are provided below.

In The Game has now added a new twist to its show redemption concept specifically for SportsFest. Usually, different redemption cards are available on each day of the show. This time, however, all redemption cards will be available on all three days of the show, or until supplies are exhausted. The redemption cards a collector receives will depend on which brand of cards they open.

Eligible products include 2002-03 Be A Player Signature Series, 2002-03 Parkhurst Retro, 2002-03, Between the Pipes and 2002-03 Parkhurst. In exchange for the wrappers, collectors will receive redemption cards that correspond to each particular brand. In the case of 2002-03 Ultimate Memorabilia 3rd Edition, and 2002-03 In The Game-Used, collectors will receive their brand of choice. No other brands of In The Game products are eligible for the program.

eBay will sponsor an online auction at SportsFest. Proceeds will go to an industry wide fund to support the future of sports collecting. Auction items can be viewed in the lobby at SportsFest. Stop by to see some of these amazing items donated by Hartland, MLB, NFL, NEWCRAFTERS, NHLPA, the NHL and many others.

One of the sports world's most prominent artists, Carlo Beninati, will be at the show. Beninati will be featuring Joe Montana in a one-of-a-kind painting on site at SportsFest. Stop by booth No. 1103 to watch this beautiful artwork take shape. Carlo will also have his UD Authenticated Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan pieces available for viewing at his booth.

Scheduled autograph guests at SportsFest include: Pete Rose, Tim Brown, Corey Patterson, Ryne Sandberg, Junior Seau, Ray Lewis, Cris Carter, Mike Alstott, Mike Singletary, Joe Montana, Tony Dorsett, Terrell Owens, and many more. Click on the player links to buy products now for them to sign later!

The Chicago SportsFest is being held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL as follows:

Friday, June 27 - 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
    Saturday, June 28 - 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
    Sunday, June 29 - 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

Tickets will be available at the show.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

I'd love to get a Joe Montana auto's 8x10 but that would probably run you $50 and not worth it. Once I got my own house, I'm going to have a nice gameroom shrine of auto'd things from the players I like. I already got a start with my Nedved puck, Mariano 8x10, and Curtis Martin 8x10.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hehe....I guess I'll be making a long drive out of the way detour before heading to my parents this weekend...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kingpinlc's Items on eBay

if anyone's going to the show this weekend, be sure to stop by the GoCollect.com booth at the International Collectors' Expo... all the Krause shows are overlapping this year... so I'll be there working the GoCollect.com booth... just ask for Lou