Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think I would use the "Elite" Forum to an extent, but I would mainly be on the regular trading forum. I am just afraid some of the "Elite" traders would trade on that forum exclusively.Which would be a turn off for me if I was someone that had seen the ad in Tuff-Stuff and just signed up to find that some of the good traders on this site were off on their on little area only trading with each other. My personal opinon is I dont care whether they have been here 2 days or 5 years if they have a card I want then I will trade with them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

i have a similar opinion as trevor... i think having an elite forum alienates people slightly. i also think we have too many trading forums as is.. to add another for each sport just seems like too much to me, especially if there will be duplicated posts for people who want to post it in both places and get more exposure. i personally think that if people only want to trade with people who have 100+ feedback they should just seek them out or decline offers from people with less.

it doesn't take much time to just say to someone no thanks, i guess it might take time to figure out who has 100+ when you are searching the forum and reading posts.. maybe you could add a star (of whatever color they have reached, like for mine it would be orange) next to people's names in the trading forums when they make a new post to show if they have reached the feedback level and people could easily just see it and not click on a thread if the person doesn't have the star? or add it to the search options (like a check box to search only posts by members with 100 feedback)

hope that made some sense, just offering alternatives.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See metsin19990's Items on eBay

The problem with the distinguished forum when last we had it was, it wasnt organized at all. it was just a "you have xxx trades, so you can trade here"

I agree with what Ed said here. There wasn't much activity in the forum we had, and it was a mess.

However, I'm very much against creating these forums. Either it will be one miscellaneous forum with no real direction, or it will have to be broken down into multiple forums, and require more moderation by the staff. Personally, I think that it's easy enough to choose who you want to trade with, and the way it is set up now provides everyone with the ability to trade with whomever they want. If a member with low feedback posts on your thread, and you choose not to trade with them, you can just tell them you're not interested. I don't see the need for the elite forum.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hey Mike- im not sure if this is possible- but instead of a seperate forum, is there a way to limit, by feedback, what users reply to our threads? I know on some of the old auction sites you could set it so that bidders without x feedback couldnt bid- what if we made it so each thread that was posted could have that- that way, on a general trade thread where you dont care what offers you get, it could be set to 0, but on specific threads where you only wanted to trade with more established members (high end trades and whatnot) you could set the feedback level necessary to reply to that post

Ed

well just going on from your idea what about anyone can reply to your thread but you can set it to something like "people under 100 feedback mark as spam(or whatever)" but you can look at the messages if you want(kind of like things marked as spam on youtube), not let them not post on that topic alltogether though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

However, I'm very much against creating these forums. Either it will be one miscellaneous forum with no real direction, or it will have to be broken down into multiple forums, and require more moderation by the staff. Personally, I think that it's easy enough to choose who you want to trade with, and the way it is set up now provides everyone with the ability to trade with whomever they want. If a member with low feedback posts on your thread, and you choose not to trade with them, you can just tell them you're not interested. I don't see the need for the elite forum.

I couldn't have said it any better.

I think we have many low feedback great traders who are still establishing their rep on this site. Alienating them won't help them get their feedback higher.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

hey Mike- im not sure if this is possible- but instead of a seperate forum, is there a way to limit, by feedback, what users reply to our threads? I know on some of the old auction sites you could set it so that bidders without x feedback couldnt bid- what if we made it so each thread that was posted could have that- that way, on a general trade thread where you dont care what offers you get, it could be set to 0, but on specific threads where you only wanted to trade with more established members (high end trades and whatnot) you could set the feedback level necessary to reply to that post

Ed

Exactly the thought that I had when I started reading this. But make sure you have plenty of PM space because you'll receive this every day.

"I tried to reply to youre thread but it wouldn't let me. Will you trade your Brady RC Auto for this whole box of 89 Topps I have?"

Country
    See GRAPHERCHASER's Items on eBay

I try to trade with everyone, it just depends on what they have do i need or want it. If i want it ill do everything to work out a deal, if i need it ill think about it longer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I can see the arguments from both sides. I think an elite forum would need to be well organized to do any good. Even then, I don't think it will be that big of a deal for most traders, but could greatly help some traders.

I would prefer if under each sports forum, there was an elite subforum...ie under Football Card Forum, there's Trading, High-End Trading, Selling, etc and a one for Elite. To me, it would seem a lot harder to use if all sports were combined into one Elite forum. I only trade football and hockey, so I would have to look through all the baseball, basketball, etc that is no use to me, which would be no different from looking through a bunch of new traders stuff that I don't want to trade for either.

Also, I would say the Elite forum would not need to be split into Trading, High-End, and Buying/Selling. There would be a lot fewer posts anyway, so combining them all wouldn't be a big deal to me...there may be a few more threads to look through, but it would most likely still be fewer than the regular forum. And High-End wouldn't really be necessary because most seasoned traders already realize not to offer Topps Total for Exquisite.

And I like the 100 feedback mark, but what about traders that have negatives or their account has been put into MSF or Suspended. Maybe set a limit like no more than 2 negatives and 1 MSF/Suspension or something along those lines. Being an Elite trader means being a quality trader as well as quantity.

I would still trade in the regular forums also. Like a lot of people have said, there are a lot of great new traders and a lot of great traders that aren't new, but only have 50+ feedback. But sometimes, like a lot of others have said also, it gets really old dealing with some of the newer folks. Sometimes it's just the person and they'll be annoying whether they have 1 or 1,000 feedback...but most of the time it's because they just haven't figured out how things work yet. I think it would help people like me to be able to get away from that sometimes, but it would help some others a lot more who want to avoid that whole scene altogether.

Sorry to single you out Ed, but when the great palantri says he's tired of trading and is giving it up, it makes me think that there has to be something that can be done to make things better. If the Elite forum does nothing more than keep some of the legends around who are otherwise tired of SCF, then I say it's definitely worth the time. It shouldn't cause problems with newer traders...if an Elite trader wants to trade with them, they'll post in the regular forum also....if they don't, then they wouldn't trade with them even if there was no Elite forum. The way I see it, an Elite forum would be taking nothing away from SCF and making it better for some, even if that is a relative few.
    Last edited by OnePimpTiger; 03-30-2008 at 08:04 PM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

another problem im having lately is the amount of reports ive sent, i do it to make a fair "playing field" for all the traders but all/most of the traders who violate the rules are the newer ones
    Dan
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12