Question Why did the value of my cards go down

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.
    Let me tell you about my self. I am 22 years old and I was a card collector from 9 years to about 13. I basically stopped collecting in 1994. I had put away my collection of cards in 1994 and only recently did i open up the box in the attic where i had stored them. I have shaquile rookeis, jason kidd rookies and inserts, webber, grant hill, etc. anyway, in 1994 i remember the value of my cards were pretty high. Well, i looked on ebay today and saw some of my best insert cards selling for under 5 dollars and PSA rated! I did nt even know what psa rating was. It seems that it would cost more to rate the cards than what they are worth. What has happened in the last 10 years. Why did the value go down so much>?????

Thanks
    Al

There are many reasons why your cards have lost value which you certaily could easily write a book on. A short list of reasons in my opinion are 1. Supply and Demand 2. Over-production 3. The internet 4. Game Used and Auto cards 5. The economy etc.

when newer stuff comes out, everyone wants the neset stuff out with the newest technology, then every1 forgets about the old stuff.

recently, a threashhold kind of appeared from which anything before the 96-97 season become unwanted. I really cant tell you why, but thats the year that many many brands started to appear so each set had less sets made