Thread: Brooks Orpik: Keeper or Bust?

Brooks Orpik: Keeper or Bust?

Heyas. I do not collect hockey but I had picked up a 2002/2003 SP Authentic Future Watch Auto RC 952/999 #200 of Brooks Orpik of the Penguins. Any info on this player would be great for I am trying to descide on what to do with it. Thanks in advance for any and all help. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

i live in pittsburgh and i am naturally a penguins fan. brooks orpik was the pens first selection in the 2000 draft. when he played for boston college he was a defensive defenseman who would CRUSH people with his huge hits. he is now playing in wilkes-barre for the baby pens AHL farm team. the problem is that he is no longer a huge hitter. he still plays a physical game, but the huge open ice hits are no longer there. he is a very solid defensive defenseman with good size and he isnt an offensive defenseman. he should play for the pens next year. since he is a defensive defenseman, his cards will never be worth that much probably (like scott stevens, who is going to the hall of fame, but no recognition for his cards). orpik should turn out to be a pretty good player (i hope). either way i am a big penguins fan and would like to get that orpik card off of you if i could. is there any hockey you are looking for in a trade?

Originally posted by bigl0l8477
    i live in pittsburgh and i am naturally a penguins fan. brooks orpik was the pens first selection in the 2000 draft. when he played for boston college he was a defensive defenseman who would CRUSH people with his huge hits. he is now playing in wilkes-barre for the baby pens AHL farm team. the problem is that he is no longer a huge hitter. he still plays a physical game, but the huge open ice hits are no longer there. he is a very solid defensive defenseman with good size and he isnt an offensive defenseman. he should play for the pens next year. since he is a defensive defenseman, his cards will never be worth that much probably (like scott stevens, who is going to the hall of fame, but no recognition for his cards). orpik should turn out to be a pretty good player (i hope). either way i am a big penguins fan and would like to get that orpik card off of you if i could. is there any hockey you are looking for in a trade?
    Heyas and thank you for your thoughts. I had bought the card with intentions on doing a contest for the card. Figured a $25 Auto RC would not be to bad for someone to shoot for. I would think of a trade instead but I do not collect any Hockey cards. I had look at them a long time ago. Can't remember when but I had some Parkhurst I think. Don't have em anymore though.

After I get a little more feedback, I will descide on if I will do a contest for this card or pick up a different one for a contest. Either way there is going to be a contest. hehe.

Thanks again bigl0l8477 for all the info and we will see how it goes. Until then take care. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin

Heyas and will do. As of now I am sure that I will be using this one for the contest as long as I don't come across anything else. I will make sure I post here when a contest is on the way though. Until then take care. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin

Thanks for all the info that I have recieved about this player. I am now currently running a contest for the card. You can find the contest over at SportsCard Forum Games and Contests. Hope to see ya there. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin