Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DB Crash and restore

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thehighlinegallery's Items on eBay

The buddy list was removed for the upgrade, since the new vBulletin will include the friend list feature. The issues you see are also caused by the template editing we are doing to prepare for the upgrade.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

ok, so I get that all my posts are gone (last time it says I posted was last nite, which it wasnt :-)), but I created a thread and it's still there....don't know if letting you know will help/harm, just thought I'd mention it

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

oh, and in my profile it says I have 1069 posts, which is how many I have including those lost.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, we were able to restore the threads, but no luck with posts. Not yet at least. We will rebuild PM and post counters as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am missing a few very inportant pms.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am also missing PM's.
    Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (90)
    Country
    See raymor77's Items on eBay

I've lost 2 pms from early today. If you can get them back that would be great. I've also been unable to view some of the new posts even some that were made in the last couple of hours.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lou2iggy43's Items on eBay

are they buddy lists going to be restored or do we have to start over?

SCF Rewards
    Country

No luck with PMs, I am sorry. Harry is still working on it, but I doubt he will be able to get something more than bunch of posts out of it.

About the buddy list, we might actually try to export them in vBulletin; the systems are different but maybe we can do it. I will let you know.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

All,

There may be some hiccups, but please be patient. Just ask for members to resend PMs. Also, if you made a post just resubmit it. Report issues/errors that you see, but remember that this upgrade is needed for security reasons. When a company moves to a new version of software they eventually stop supporting the old versions as they devote their efforts to the newest version. We are extremely lucky to have Harry/Charles doing this upgrade. If you recall when SCS tried to upgrade they destroyed the site. Losing a few hours of posts/PMs is extremely minor!

Please report all issues here vice PMs! The upgrade should occur around 4 AM EST.

Mike

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast