Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Game Over for Boston?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Yes

11 33.33%
  • No

22 66.67%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Boston done?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

the celtics are MASSIVELY OVERRATED.

Dude, I've been trying to tell people that all year, and they don't listen! They could barely beat the Hawks, and my Cavs....how does that make them "Championship caliber"?

Pistons in 6.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Dude, I've been trying to tell people that all year, and they don't listen! They could barely beat the Hawks, and my Cavs....how does that make them "Championship caliber"?

Pistons in 6.

2 in arow! we agreed twice in a row! a new record. HAHA

ive been saying the same thing, i hate when all i here is boston vs lakers like old times, it annoys me. Boston is not a deep team. theyve been overplaying garnett and pierce all year and its catching up to them. Doc rivers is a terrible coach, he has no idea what he's doing most the time. i also said pistons in six. boston will take game 5 but pistons will win all 3 of there home games, because thats what good teams do
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

idk. while I understand people's claim that Celtics are overrated, I still believe they will turn the series around in Detroit. All they need is one win at Detroit and do expect both teams to split one game each at Detroit.
    It is amazing that they are performing this bad in the playoffs while they had a ridiculous road record during the regular season.
    If they only won against Eastern Conference teams, that's not a big accomplishment, but they won against most Western conference teams and swept the series against most western playoff contenders including the Lakers (this is why im rooting for the Pistons lol).
    But yea, regular season is regular season and playoff basketball is different.
    But I still think Big 3 is dying for a championship more than the Pistons and their will will turn the series around.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

boston will take game 5 but pistons will win all 3 of there home games, because thats what good teams do

Let me point out here - the Pistons lost a home game to the 76ers....and before last night, the Celtics had not lost a home game....the Celtics also had a 31-10 ROAD record in the regular season, so yes, they CAN win on the road....they just haven't yet in the playoffs!

And in terms of playing 'I' ball....wouldn't you rather have your better players (Rip, Chauncey, Sheed) taking the majority of the shots rather than your bench players who are on the bench for a reason?

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

my answers in bold

Let me point out here - the Pistons lost a home game to the 76ers....and before last night, the Celtics had not lost a home game....
    yea, the pistons played lazy and 76ers i think are much better than the hawks or cavaliers. if the pistons lost to the hawks that'd be terrible. boston won at home against sub/below .500 teams like any decent team should

the Celtics also had a 31-10 ROAD record in the regular season,
    key world REGULAR SEASON. regular season means nothing if you dont have the ring to show for it. the PLAYOFFS are what matters and the celtics are 0-6 care to respond to that?
    so yes, they CAN win on the road....they just haven't yet in the playoffs!
    and yet again the playoffs are what matter.

And in terms of playing 'I' ball....wouldn't you rather have your better players (Rip, Chauncey, Sheed) taking the majority of the shots rather than your bench players who are on the bench for a reason?
    no i dont care who's taking the shots as long as they go in. unlike the celtics, the pistons have no ego's on who gets the ball. they play as a team. yes, garnett, allen, and pierce want to take ALL the shots if they could because there egos

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

76ers better than the cavs? you're saying that cuz you dont like Lebron, right?

I have nothing to say about their road record until they win tomorrow night in Detroit! lol....but, hom has been dominating in the playoffs....only 2 road teams won in the second round

so you don't think Sheed has an ego? and the big 3 have (before this season) always had to take the shots. who else have they had to pass the ball to? KG in MN had Cassell, Wally or Sprewell.....yeah, that was good for one year, but aside from that, who else?

anyway, I'm still sticking with the Celtics unless they prove me otherwise

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

i said ego about taking shots. did i not? i said nothing else than ego;s about shooting. and which one of those teams are one of them to win on the road. the PISTONS. your just a KG fan, which makes you think proably that the celtics couldnt possibly loose. and i do hate lebron but the cav's as a whole are the better team. the concept is that its a team sport and not a "I" sport

SCF Rewards
    Country

Boston is done!! They cant win on the road!! They couldnt beat Atlanta, a team with a losing record, in Atlanta!! Come on now!! They are done Detriot wins in 6 games

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

ego's on who gets the ball

you said ego's on who gets the ball, not on shots, but it doesn't matter.

your just a KG fan, which makes you think proably that the celtics couldnt possibly loose.

Yes, I am a KG fan, but that does not make me think they can't lose....everyone loses some....

and i do hate lebron but the cav's as a whole are the better team.

You first said the 76ers are better than the Cavs....now you say the Cavs as a whole are the better team....huh??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See keithgsmith's Items on eBay

Oh my.. The Celts lose a home game and we are discussing if they are done?? May I remind you that the Pistons won by 6.. but that is with Ray Allen in foul trouble for most of the game... and as far as the calls last night? After the cheap shot that Hamilton had on Garnett in the face last night... there is no way he should be playing tomorrow.. but if the pistons want to take shots like that.. just ask Atlanta and Cleveland.. Boston can play to..

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast