Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See high_end_autograph_collector's Items on eBay

whatever happened to shane battier????

what happened to him, i went to one griz game when I lved in tn and he scored like 22 points, this yr, hes dropped off the planet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

He not really getting all that much playing time. I'm not sure what Hubbie Brown is doing out there. He gets like 20-25 minutes at most during a game. He still gets close to 10 pts. per game anyway. He is also had a few 10+ rebound performances this year while playing under 25 minutes. That is pretty decent for only playing half the game. That is also a lot more productive than some of their starters. I'm just not sure why he isn't getting any minutes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See high_end_autograph_collector's Items on eBay

yeah, but memphis has won 7 straight, so maybe he knows what hes doing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is true, but look Battiers rookie season. He was averaging 15 points per game and played 35 minutes per game. You know he is capable of playing if he could produce that per game as a rookie. His second season his minutes dropped by 8 and he scored 10 a game. Now his minutes dropped off by 12 and he is averaging a little under 10. He shot his rookie year 42 or 43 percent. This year it is 47 or 48 percent (better than a lot on the team). He is getting a better shooter, just not the minutes he needs.

SCF Rewards

He hit a game winning shot maybe a week or so against Minnesota, straight off the bench, probably cold as hell.

The dude can play but Memphis is a pretty deep team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think he deserves a starting sf spot.
    But look at the Memphis team right now.
    They are filled with swingman.
    They already have Mike Miller, James Posey and Bonzi Wells who are more athletic than Battier.
    Those four guys are averaging about 25 to 30 minutes per game which is amazing. I think Hubie is doing a really good job by rotating those four guys...
    They've got to trade one of the guys though...and get a better backup point guard.
    Come on, you're backup point guard is Earl Watson?
    He is shooting just over 35% from the floor...
    You've got to do better than that... :)

SCF Rewards

Battier is a productive player, with pretty good fundamentals

my Lakers could use him

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exactly podstock, the Lakers could definitely use him. I would love to see him in LA.

SCF Rewards
    See CardCollekta's Items on eBay

u guys saying u would like to see him in la.

are they talkin about a trade or u guys just think that?

SCF Rewards
    Country

No possible trade that I heard of. He would be a perfect fit for L.A. He can do what the Lakers need quite a few to do, lol. He can easily take the place of Grant (rebounder), Russell (3-point shooter) and Rush (great perimeter shooter). Battier is one heck of a tallented player, just needs a few more minutes. Like it was mentioned above, he can come off the bench when he is cold as all hell and still make the winning shot. I'm afraid that the Lakers don't have anyone near that capability and could definitely use one! Just my opinion......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast