Ebay question regarding selling

When do you all think is the best time of day/week to have an auction closing? Since so many people wait until the last minute to "snipe" auctions, the right day/time is crtical to getting max revenue. What kind of trends have you noticed for getting the most out of an auction?
    Weekday/weekend?
    Morning/afternoon/night?

Re: Ebay question regarding selling

Originally posted by YankeePride
    When do you all think is the best time of day/week to have an auction closing? Since so many people wait until the last minute to "snipe" auctions, the right day/time is crtical to getting max revenue. What kind of trends have you noticed for getting the most out of an auction?
    Weekday/weekend?
    Morning/afternoon/night?
    Well I have done a lot of auctions and what I have come across is that the best days to sell on are Sunday and Saturday bearing there are no holidays on those days.

The best time of day is at night. You can now set the auctions to start when you want and anywhere from 8-11 PM eastern time is usually the best for me.

At these times you get most of the people from the East Coast and the majority of everyone else in the country.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

what I have found is that is really doesn't matter, thursdays have been the best at times, friday afternoons have been good days(I think because so many people get paid on fridays) they are a lo of people on sunday evening but that too can be a disaster, because you have so many people that think sundays are the best and therefore you have a ton of auctions ending and starting on sundays, more product listed=lower prices.

jsut my opinion, but I run 3 day auctions why because there is only one day which is the middle day that you auction is not in the first couple pages, either just listed or ending soon. If you want to pm me I will explain a trick I use. to turn that 3 day auction into 10 days with only paying .10 max...

Actually it is now a buyer's market overall on ebay. The television season is over, people are going on vacations whether on weekends or across the week, people stay outside more because of the weather and the sun sets longer. These are all factors for preventing people from logging on, checking what's available on ebay in general.

Selling can be a crapshoot. While I agree that sometimes you can get people bidding more for auctions ending on a Sunday night but you never know. For etopps, Thursday night definitely.

However, weekday nights are not always a guarantee. If the item you are auctioning is hot, it doesn't really matter when you set it up.

Also, because more and more people have access to the internet at work, having auctions in the middle of the day works. I've had bidding wars on my auctions during the weekdays. My recommendation, to add in the west coast is to have your auction end during the week a little before five so you can see how it does and can get the west coasters after they've returned from lunch.

I use this counter www.rubylane.com and they have a great counter that will show you the time of day and they hits...that way you can see what works for your auctions.

the premier account is free for the first 30 days and after that it is $25 a year, I also use andales free counter, but it doesn't offer the times when my auctions are views...

I have found that for Etopps Sunday is the best day to buy and the worst day to have your auctions close.