Thread: MLB GTS & 1-yr Anniversary!!!!

MLB GTS & 1-yr Anniversary!!!!

Well.....

today, pitchers and catchers report for assignment

next week, the rest of the players join

and, as part of the celebration for our 1-year anniversary for SCF (we started just this past March 2003), I will be featuring an ABSOLUTE BONANZA!!

all 21 games on April 5th & 6th will be featured!!! - and at least 100 cc per game is up for grabs (125 cc if you get exact score and winning team) - a whopping total of at least 2100 CC will be given out in TWO days!!!!

note: opening day is March 30th, with Yanks vs Devil Rays in Japan at 5:30 am EST / 2:30 am PST
    They play again March 31st
    then the next game is April 4th (Boston at Baltimore)

but the meat of opening day is April 5th - 9 games!
    http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/scoreboard/20040405

and April 6th - 12 games!!
    http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/scoreboard/20040406

So, get ready!!!

I will be starting our 2nd annual MLB GTS with the Yanks vs Devil Rays as appetizers on March 30th, 31st, and the Boston vs Baltimore on April 4th.

Then come the ENTREES!!!!!.... with 2100+ points to be had

the first game of MLB GTS 2004 will be put up the weekend of March 27th-28th

Here's what GTS is, in a nutshell

1. I choose which games are featured daily for a particular sport
    and give a deadline (there's usually plenty of time to put in your entries).

2. You can enter all GTS games, free of charge

3. You pick which team is going to win, and the score.

For example, the first MLB game will be Yanks vs Devil Rays. So, if you like NY's chances, then you post the entry as follows: Yankees 15-6 over Devil Rays

4. Every night, I tally up scores, and figure out the winners. I use tiebreakers if needed. You can win 100 cc per MLB GTS, and up to 125 cc for picking winning team and exact score. If you win, you get the CC, and your name is added to the standings.

That's it!

****Rules are as follows, in this order****:

1. guess the winning team
    2. guess the final score of the game

usually, using #1 and #2, a winner is chosen.

Sometimes, there is a tie.
    For example, if the score is Yanks 10-2 over the Devil Rays,
    1 person says Yanks 11-2
    1 person says Yanks 9-2

then, obviously, 2 folks came closest to winning team and exact score. In this case, there are tiebreakers (in this order):

Tiebreaker #1 = guess exact score of winning team
    #2 = guess exact score of losing team
    #3 = guess exact score of game

that's how I determine the overall winner for each day's GTS. I am very fair, and there's no hanky-panky, period!

I am usually online late nights (I live in California) 10 pm -12 am, and that's when I put up the next days GTS. You normally have until about 7 pm EST / 4 pm PST the next day to put in your entries. Deadlines vary, depending on which game I feel is interesting. You are allowed to edit your post as many times as you want, up until deadline. All deadlines are clearly posted.

I am firm on deadlines (to give everyone a chance to win CC), so if you miss the deadline, even by 1 lousy, stinkin' minute, you are disqualified for that particular GTS. Any time you edit a post, there is a notification of the time you made the edit; that's how I know who didn't make the deadlines.

If there is a game you want featured, PM me that game 1-2 days in advance. Otherwise, I choose the game.

One last note: if someone puts a score and winning team (ex: Cubsfan22 puts 5-3 Cubs over Dodgers) first, anyone who uses that EXACT score and winning team in later entries for that particular GTS game will have his/her entry disqualified. Scores and winning teams are on first come, first serve basis. The first to put 5-3 Cubs gets that entry; the first to put 5-3 Dodgers gets that entry. Later entries in that exact manner are disqualified

Good luck to all!!

wow Phil, thats awesem.. 21 GTS games, lets see somebody rack up the scores here :D

Jay

I cant wait :) if you need any help with finding who won on all those GTS games ill offer my servicies