Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards

2 Boxes of Leaf Rookies & Stars or 1 Box of Playoff Contenders

If you had enough $ budgeted to either buy one box of Playoff Contenders or 2 boxes of Leaf Rookies & Stars, which would you buy? Also I didn't see Leaf Rookies & Stars in the last Beckett is it in the current one?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fairchildiii's Items on eBay

Ri\ookies and stars, Its in the Beckett

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you like getting memorabilia and auto cards go with the leaf rookies and stars for sure.. If youd rather take a chance and go for a bigger card((more available in contenders)) buy that box

Jay

See hehateme71's Items on eBay

I would have to go with rookies and stars, there cards seem to gain value better than the other cards out there

SCF Rewards

I would go for Contenders

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Originally posted by hehateme71
    I would have to go with rookies and stars, there cards seem to gain value better than the other cards out there

While R&S might seem to gain value... Playoff Contenders is the creme of the crop when it comes to rookie auto's.

SCF Rewards
    See ryanhnc10's Items on eBay

well it all depends on what you like, if you love rookie cards and building sets take the R&S, but if you want a really high dollar card take the contenders. i was very please with my box of R&S (got a mcgahee jsy/auto bv80). R&S has 3 gu/autos per box, which means you would get about 6 gu/autos for two boxes, and contenders has 4 autos.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by IggyWH
    While R&S might seem to gain value... Playoff Contenders is the creme of the crop when it comes to rookie auto's.

ya but i have seen alot of people busting those contenders and getting crap rookies auto's. and only a hand full getting a desent auto. out of about somthing like 50 people 90% of them got the crap rookie autos and 10% getting the cream of the crop rookies though!

SCF Rewards

well I can see the percentages of 90-10 being correct based on this fact, only about 10% of the rookies are cream of the crop. So I wouldn't say it's based on seeding in the packs the 90/10 split but based on the number of rookie cards there are total in the set.

I ended up buying a box of Contender's because the shop I went to only had one box of each left so I couldn't get two R&S. Haven't opened the box yet though. He said if I pulled a Leftwich autograph card he'd be willing to give me two Contenders boxes in exchange for it when they get the new shipment in next week

SCF Rewards

I like Contenders. I broke a box last week, and got 5 autos from it, but the first 4 were guys I have never heard of. I thought then that my box was a waste, but in the next to last pack, surprise: a 5th auto card : Rex Grossman. If I didn't get that, the box would have been a disaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast