Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Checking Packs

     
  1. #1

    Checking Packs

    So how do you actually check packs before buying them to see if there are game used cards inside (besides opening them)? Is there a special technique out there that I could use when I visit my local Target? Aren't most companies using fillers now to guard against it?

  2. SCC Black Friday 2017
  3. #2

    Re: Checking Packs

    Originally posted by 1yountfan
    So how do you actually check packs before buying them to see if there are game used cards inside (besides opening them)? Is there a special technique out there that I could use when I visit my local Target? Aren't most companies using fillers now to guard against it?
    Yes you can feel packs to see if they have game used cards in them.

    But it involves wasting your precious time and damaging the cards.

    If you are so desperate for game used cards just go buy them off of ebay. You can get most of them for $1 and superstars for $5.

    But if you still want to feel packs for game used cards let me know and I'll send you a whole case of 1988 Donruss for FREE.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  4. #3
    huh? I didn't know 1988 Donruss had any game used stuff?

    You couldn't GIVE AWAY FOR FREE those 1988 stuff, lolol

    Sadly, I have quite a bit of cards from that year.

  5. #4
    Arastis
    Guest
    Ya I think they do use filters now

  6. #5
    I'll take a case of 88 Donruss for free... :)

    Back when these cards first surfaced, there were people x-raying packs & boxes to find the good cards... what a waste!!!

  7. #6
    Originally posted by thekingpin
    I'll take a case of 88 Donruss for free... :)

    Back when these cards first surfaced, there were people x-raying packs & boxes to find the good cards... what a waste!!!
    Kinda like today.

    People spend more money on buying scales and special tools to spend the whole day going through all of the boxes and packs at Targer to get an autograph of Bobby Bonilla and a bat card of Tony Kent.

    Anyway I don't have a case of 88 Donruss I wasn't stupid enough to buy cases back then I only bought boxes. LOL
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  8. #7

  9. #8
    He's probably talking about Jeff Kent. I think Tony Kent is a motivational speaker, LOL.

    Tim

  10. #9
    tony kent might be a urban legend as the most desirable card ever to get in a pack, I think I saw the card selling for a little over 2 million on ebay...lol

    now his auto was going for over 10 million.

  11. #10
    Originally posted by gioperation
    tony kent might be a urban legend as the most desirable card ever to get in a pack, I think I saw the card selling for a little over 2 million on ebay...lol

    now his auto was going for over 10 million.
    LOL

    If only that were true gio.

    I see that the point was kinda lost in my post and that I need to stop using sarcasm in my posts because people are easily confused.

    The point is does it matter if Tony Kent exists or not? No. You'll only know he exists when you pull his bat card and go "who the heck is this guy?"

    I'm sure everyone on here has opened a pack and found a signature or game used card of somebody YOU NEVER KNEW EXISTED and if you haven't then you must have not bought any cards last year.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •