Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Its time for card companies to do something different with GU cards.

They wouldnt have to do this to all of them, just their more premium brand of cards.

Start putting the date and game where the "event worn" or "game used" equipment was used and worn.

Especially jerseys, I want to know what team that player was going up against. Was it a preseason, regular season, playoff, or championship game worn jersey or equipment?

For example, a Mick Vick jersey card that states it is a jersey he played in against the Bears. You know he came into contact with players like Urlacher, Mike Brown. What about a jersey he played against with the Bucs? Then there would be Warren Sapp, John Lynch, etc. he could of got in contact with. Im not a big Mike Vick collector, but I might buy extra boxes of cards trying to pull that one.

Same thing for all sports though. I just feel this is a new angle card companies can take on a more regular basis to give us card collecors something more to go after.

What do ya all think?!

Or a game used jock strap piece. Lol J/k. Here's what it would say on the back. Mike used this jock strap against Buffalo on 9/21, this happened to be the day mike scratched himself where the sun don't shine about 4 times. He alse wore this in the locker room.

My two cents:

let's go back to 1996, 1997, where the game used were 1:2500.

This would help to do a few things:

1. It would help maintain the value of the card, as these cards to day are really not worth alot.

2. Stop cherry picking, no more searching PERIOD.

3. The would help correct and control the market when it comes to game used cards. The madness HAS TO STOP.

Talking

Originally posted by Segalsgraphs
    Or a game used jock strap piece. Lol J/k. Here's what it would say on the back. Mike used this jock strap against Buffalo on 9/21, this happened to be the day mike scratched himself where the sun don't shine about 4 times. He alse wore this in the locker room.
    ewwww, they could keep the jock strap.

:D

i love that game used cards are soo common. i don't really care about the value, i just like having a game used piece of something from any player, autos are better though

Originally posted by Hot Sauce
    i love that game used cards are soo common. i don't really care about the value, i just like having a game used piece of something from any player, autos are better though
    My thoughts exactly, thats why I hope card companies move forward with GU card concept.

I believe the Fleer Authentix includes minimized tickets from the game of the jersey/bat or whatever, and has some moderate odds.

Originally posted by Hot Sauce
    Agreed. In my life I've only pulled 2 GU cards from packs.

Is a gued really a gued? I watched a program that was basically a photo shoot. They had guys running around throwing/catching passes, punting the ball. They would be out there 15-20 min. and they would come in change their shoes-shirts-pants and go out again. Someone would come and gather up the stuff and they called it game used. It wasn't even a real game.
    I have some gu but I don't think much of it, give me an auto anyday.

Originally posted by Bill723
    Is a gued really a gued? I watched a program that was basically a photo shoot. They had guys running around throwing/catching passes, punting the ball. They would be out there 15-20 min. and they would come in change their shoes-shirts-pants and go out again. Someone would come and gather up the stuff and they called it game used. It wasn't even a real game.
    I have some gu but I don't think much of it, give me an auto anyday.
    Exactly, this is why I wish card companies would but the date of the game the piece of equipment was used in.

So far, I think Upper Deck is doing the best with the GU cards when it comes to saying whether it is "game-used" or "event-worn". But still the date of the game played could add more or even less signifigance to the card. For example, a Peyton Manning jersey card with a piece of jersey that he wore for a playoff or regular season game would be more sought-after than a P.Manning jersey card in which the jersey he wore for an exibition game for only 8 plays.

If it is "event-worn", consider the piece of jersey or equipment worn at an event like you said, a practice, or photo shoot, and not really game-used.

Really, if it isnt a throwback GU'ed card, present day Gu'ed cards are not looked apon like they first were. All card companies are doing nothing in being innovative to make GU'ed cards really stand out.

Show us the signifigance in the piece of equipment other than the sports star might of touched it, breathed on it or maybe if we are lucky, were in the same room as the "GU'ed" piece shown on the card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast