Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

still have this Jack Clark AUTO #ed/9

looking to trade at roughly $40-$60 BV...very broad range as I will be very flexible...

Will trade for one $40 AUTO, or will trade for a bunch of lower end autos for a little higher BV...lemme know if interested!

Also will sell for $20 Shipped...

-JB-

you know id want calrk for my retired padre auto collection... and you also know clark, even numbered to 9, isnt worth anything near 40bv...

pm me if youll be serious about the value..
    i just got nettles from the same set, numbered to 11 for $10 (in trade, not ebay)

lmk

mrnelly...

it seems as though you tend to think differently than a lot of people when it comes to the pricing low #ed cards...

However, consistantly, other people (like myself) have some sort of basis for our pricings). I have NO idea where you come up with your prices...

Once again, Here is my reasoning...

The same auto #ed/67 books for $20...this card is over 7 times as rare, so $40 is MORE than reasonable IMO...

secondly, I have tracked tons of his autos #ed/17 (none #ed/9 have sold yet that I have seen) and they consistantly sell for roughly $17 shipped...that being said, once again, $40 is more than reasonable, and selling for $20 shipped is extremely fair.

So, if you can give me some sort of proof for your low BV that you want to trade at, I'm more than happy to listen. But telling me you got a Nettles for $10 (and it sells for well over $20 on ebay just so you know) does not tell me ONE THING about the value of my card...

-JB-

I agree that the card should be more than the /67 version. But in all reality if you don't find someone that collcects Jack Clark, your gonna have a real hard time getting $40 in trade.. JMO

i agree w/ rick and nelly on this one. jack clark doesn't have a huge following, so $40 may be a bit much to ask imho.

Originally posted by JBMan101
    mrnelly...

it seems as though you tend to think differently than a lot of people when it comes to the pricing low #ed cards...

However, consistantly, other people (like myself) have some sort of basis for our pricings). I have NO idea where you come up with your prices...

Once again, Here is my reasoning...

The same auto #ed/67 books for $20...this card is over 7 times as rare, so $40 is MORE than reasonable IMO...

secondly, I have tracked tons of his autos #ed/17 (none #ed/9 have sold yet that I have seen) and they consistantly sell for roughly $17 shipped...that being said, once again, $40 is more than reasonable, and selling for $20 shipped is extremely fair.

So, if you can give me some sort of proof for your low BV that you want to trade at, I'm more than happy to listen. But telling me you got a Nettles for $10 (and it sells for well over $20 on ebay just so you know) does not tell me ONE THING about the value of my card...

-JB-
    I agree! And the way MrNelly uses the demeaning tone "You KNOW that it's not worth $40 BV...if you're SERIOUS about trading" definitely leaves something to be desired. Just because you got a steal on a card, MrNelly, doesn't mean everyone else has to give you steals.

In case, anyone's wondering why I'm chiming in on this, read my post trading a 2004 Donruss DK Runelvys dual jersey auto #'d/15. Offering $20 BV for it is outrageous!

thanks bbgiants...

all i'm saying is if he could come up with some decent reason to criticize the value I put on it, I am 100% willing to listen. But telling me that he bought what is prolly a $50-$60 card for ten bucks tells me nothing about my card...

-JB-

well, if i had a baseball collection going, which im only starting this year, and just cubs, id trade you $70 bv just to prove a point.

lol...get that collection moving so we can do a trade!!!!!!

-JB-

hey, no biggie..
    some people tend to overprice a card cause they put a slash, and a low number and thats the print run... whatever, thats just the new-wave trading where folks rely too much on ebay sales and price guides...

who is jack clark? to where his card should be 40bucks?? even the listed one, numbered to 67 is overpriced at 20bv since jack clark isnt a star..

im in san diego, nobody here would pay 20+ for a friggin jack clark.. my reasoning for pricin these comes from hours in my uncles shop, and a close familiy friends shop in another part of town, plus seriously collecting for 15+ years..

the cards i have listed on my page is my tradelist, my pc is laughable...like i said though, no biggie, its just sad that folks today try to make a hobby into a business...

good luck gettin your 40 for jack clark...on a 91 donruss??? lol

this is the last time ill waste my time addressing this topic, but you yourself said theres the same card numbered to 67.. that 67 plus this 9 is 76, plus whatever other autos of clark are in that set.. saying its "7 times rarer' is a joke, its the same card as the othr 67+...

good luck to you...:)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast