Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malone to the Mavs?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Malone to the Mavs?

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0601/1561616.html

It says "Malone told The Dallas Morning News the Mavericks are one of the leading contenders for his services next season."

It would be sad to see Malone not play in Utah next season but I really don't see the Mavs as title contenders. If he wants to win a championship go to the Spurs, Lakers, or Kings.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards

What Dallas needs is a defensive stopper and defensive-minded guys (Bruce Bowen, Ben Wallace-types).

Last thing they is to add more scoring, esp. one who's almost 40-y/o.

As the Mavs have shown these past several seasons, you can't outscore someone on a regular basis and win your way to a title without at least an average defense.

Much like the Texas Rangers, who frequently score 7-8 runs a game, and still manage to lose by 2-3 runs.

And the Mavs don't even have an average defense to begin with.

What the Mavs need to do is trade either Finley or Nash, and get defensive players

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Malone wants to be on a contender AND start... he can't get that with the Spurs or the Kings so I'd say the Mavs would be a good fit for him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by IggyWH
    Malone wants to be on a contender AND start... he can't get that with the Spurs or the Kings so I'd say the Mavs would be a good fit for him.

Yeah but wouldn't he be playing small forward for the Mavs or would Dirk play small forward?

Anyway why couldn't he start for the Spurs? David Robinson did and Malone can do more than he can.

Arastis
    I hope he stays with Jazz so he can finish his career with the team he started.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They ask Robinson to do the dirty work, not score. They got Timmy for that and Malone won't be cool with that. I also didn't say he'd be a good fit for the Mavs, I said the Mavs would be a good fit for him... there's a difference.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by IggyWH
    They ask Robinson to do the dirty work, not score. They got Timmy for that and Malone won't be cool with that. I also didn't say he'd be a good fit for the Mavs, I said the Mavs would be a good fit for him... there's a difference.

I don't know.

I just see the Spurs as the best fit for him out of the teams he said he'd like to go to. There aren't many other teams in the league that will take Malone and if he wants to be the featured scorer he has to realize that he is 40+ years old and that most teams have people that can score.

SCF Rewards
    See mantleman777's Items on eBay

real nice fit for both and cuban could care less about the cash

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by pwaldo
    I don't know.

I just see the Spurs as the best fit for him out of the teams he said he'd like to go to. There aren't many other teams in the league that will take Malone and if he wants to be the featured scorer he has to realize that he is 40+ years old and that most teams have people that can score.

True, but he's out to beat Wilt's scoring record so he'll go somewhere where he'll get the ball a good amount.

SCF Rewards

Sure, I can see Malone going to the Spurs. Not a bad choice, b/c teams normally double-team Duncan.

But, I don't see where he is useful to the Mavs.

Mavs need defense; Malone is not continuing his career by being defensive-minded. He has said he wants Kareem's scoring record; and you don't get that by focusing on defense.

Last thing Mavs need is more offense. That would be like giving bigger boobs to Rebecca Romijn. She's gorgeous enough. Anything more and she becomes Anna Nicole Smith, aka, the lady Moby Dick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast