Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOT QUITE FREE CARDS!!

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

NOT QUITE FREE CARDS!!

Just in case you have enough top-of-the-line vehicles, watches, electronics, jewelry, etc., here's something you don't have enought of... From www.collect.com:

Upper Deck officials announced to Hawaii Trade Conference attendees plans for the highest priced packs to date – a basketball release that will carry a $500 SRP for five or six cards (still undecided) from the Exquisite Basketball line, due in May. “This year is so significant in basketball, unlike any other recent season with the rookie hype, especially around LeBron. So we just thought, if there ever was a time to try something like this, this was it,” said Upper Deck’s Mike Phillips, the company’s hobby sales manager. “We know this product is not for everyone; it’s for a specific collector, one who appreciates the high-end.”

The set will feature an incredibly limited supply, of course. Everything in the pack will be numbered, Phillips said. There will be autographs, limited patches and other relic pieces in the set.

The top card from the Exquisite set will be James’ signed patch rookie card, numbered to 99.

"Exquisite" Basketball Cards by Upper Deck--more like "Exhorbitant" Basketball Cards.... :p

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Molina00's Items on eBay

Things like that make me absolutely mad. Okay. They say it's not aimed at most people, but it just seems wrong to charge $500 bucks for 5 lousy little cards.

SCF Rewards

"Exquisite" is Upper Deck's way of finding out who are the bigger fools in the card collecting businesss.

Most folks have enough to do in making money to pay for daily expenses, pay for their kids ediucation, pay mortgage, etc...

and now, they're selling packs for $500???

oh sure, if you're the son of Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods, you wouldn't have a problem buying a box of them

lolol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Purdue Boilermakers Tennessee Titans Houston Astros
    See mushie's Items on eBay

I think this will be an interesting release to say the least. I just keep wondering about how many of these boxes will actually produce cards that will be worth as much or more than $500? Braking a $100 box and getting $20 in cards is one thing, but breaking a $500 pack and getting $75-$100 in cards (or less) is quite another in my opinion. I guess I'll just wait and see how the hobby accepts this product on its release. If it goes over well, what's next? $1000 a pack?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xirxious's Items on eBay

The companies are taking notice of some greedy dealers pracices. They buy a bulk of cards, keep the high end and make all the profit there. The cc's are just put in a box for people to pick through. The companies are now getting more greedy and taking out the middle man. They start will all premium stuff and charge you up the wazoo off the get-go. Most dealers couldn't afford to stock much of this stuff at that rate anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Re: NOT QUITE FREE CARDS!!

Originally posted by SingleDaddyof2

Everything in the pack will be numbered, Phillips said.

Hell for $500 every card should be AUTOGRAPHED.

™™™? Do they think that people are going to go crazy over numbered cards?

This isn't 1999 anymore. I think all of these packs are a joke. Even those $100 ones that they make. Most of the time you can't even come close to getting a $100 card out of the pack.

For $500 you can buy a VERY NICE card or a couple very good cards.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bmedinger's Items on eBay

I would never every pay that much for a packs of cards no matter how much money I had.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

i wonder if they will have an npn on the wrapper ,that is the only way an average collector might get a hold of one of those cards,i can see it now due to the price of this product our npn program will be charging a 25.00 fee just for the chance of getting one of these cards at the same odds from a pack p.s.if you do not receive a card we will keep your 25.00 so we can produce some more high end crap .take care all ,spuds 1961
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

See ugi802002's Items on eBay

yea this really gets me POed cause now all price for all brand will go up

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not that it's much better, but I've seen these on ebay selling pre-sell for $400 or less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast