Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion Questions??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Religion Questions??

Hey guys -

I kindly ask that we don't blow this up and cause it to be closed down. I have seen a lot of conversation in different threads about what churches say and what the bible says about different things. I know that numerous people think Christianity and religion is stupid and if you fall in that class, please don't use this to attack.
    The purpose of this thread (if there is even a need for it) is that I will be glad to answer any questions people have about what the bible says and what Christianity says about different things. I will answer as detailed and in depth as you would like.
    As for qualifications, I am a minister and I do have my degree in Bible. That doesn't make me an expert by any means. In fact, I believe that the more you know, the more you realize you don't know. But, for what it's worth, I will try and answer your questions if you have any.

Country

what is your favorite passage?

SCF Rewards
    Country

what is your favorite passage?

Jeremiah 29:11-12 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

This verse got me through a lot. It is comforting to know that while everything around me doesn't make sense, there is a plan and God only wants good for us.

SCF Rewards
    Country

GOod to see people like you on the boards

God bless

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

ensberg - Glad to see you opened this thread! After all, it is the politics and religion board right? I think you make a really good point that the more you find out, the more you realize you don't know anything. I think you can learn something new in the Bible everyday all your life and never truly grasp everything entirely

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lordoffuzz's Items on eBay

I'm not much into religion but I gotta say that Revelation 6:8 is pretty awesome. But that might just be because I've seen one too many Clint Eastwood movies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See boomer123's Items on eBay

This isn`t a bible question,but since you are a minister I would like to know your thoughts on the presidential canidates,I read the bible everyday,and I`m sure that you know that our country needs a strong leader that can help us get back on track.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Good thread...the Bible is very often misquoted by people on both sides of the religion debate. I think quoting the Bible should be like quoting news articles or anything else...if you do it, you better be able to point to the book and verse you're quoting, just like we ask everyone to post the news articles they reference.

And then there are people like the Westboro Baptist Church that quote the Bible correctly, but get the message completely wrong. A lot of people who are against religion point to people like that as to why. But just like everything else, it's the few bad and outrageous that gets the media coverage, not the good and well-intentioned majority.

SCF Rewards
    Country

troygoesdeep - thanks man. that is greatly appreciated.

haybierman - yeah, all of revelation is pretty interesting. Definately inspired a few westerns.

onepimp - I agree wholeheartedly. It pains me when a well known person or church group misses the point because those of the people that help bad opinions to be made. A large part of quoting scripture is knowing and looking at the context. So many people pull out 1 verse to prove a point but if you read it in context it may not even mean that.

boomer - rather than answer on the fly, I will give my response some thought. I could answer some parts quickly but I will avoid doing that. I will reply later on today.

thanks guys. Didn't know if this would actually get any use.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good thread...the Bible is very often misquoted by people on both sides of the religion debate. I think quoting the Bible should be like quoting news articles or anything else...if you do it, you better be able to point to the book and verse you're quoting, just like we ask everyone to post the news articles they reference.

And then there are people like the Westboro Baptist Church that quote the Bible correctly, but get the message completely wrong. A lot of people who are against religion point to people like that as to why. But just like everything else, it's the few bad and outrageous that gets the media coverage, not the good and well-intentioned majority.

I think this pretty much sums up why I have no desire for religion. Misquoting a book which is supposed to be sacred, missing the meaning of passages, not understanding what is being said. There are too many branches, too many interpretations, and too many people saying this is what it means not that. That is why I have no liking of it.

Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast